The Honest Kitchen

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
Has anyone had any success with their bullies using the Honest Kitchen dehydrated dog food?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I wish I could help but ive never used that before. I do want to welcome you to the forum. Im sure someone will have an answer for you.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Never heard of it either. We use Fromm and really like the results since changing HRH over to the Beef Frittata.

Bella Cows Mama

Feb 4, 2011
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella Cow
Have you used this since posting this thread? I just bought some and was wondering if you had any luck with it?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
so had anyone used this with luck or have any comments on it? [MENTION=1815]Bella Cows Mama[/MENTION] how did it go?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Im thinking of putting Gracie on this. Would love some input

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have also been thinking of putting my dogs on this but i dont think anyone here has used it. im going to see if i can find out something on the web about it. its supposed to be the most like raw feeding but not raw.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i have also been thinking of putting my dogs on this but i dont think anyone here has used it. im going to see if i can find out something on the web about it. its supposed to be the most like raw feeding but not raw.

This was sold at the dog daycare I work at... the people that bought it love it. There are MANY options, some have the protein (meat) in it, but some you have to add the protein.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Here are some reviews: ***link removed***
***link removed***

Where they get ingredients from: http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/products/learn/our-ingredients/

They have trial sizes and I've read that you can call them and ask for samples. There are gluten and grain free options. To me it looks like a good quality product, and a good compromise between raw and home cooked. I read the comments on the review, and while some are warranted (concerns about THK sourcing celery from China, which to my understanding has been stopped and THK is now China free), other comments were a bit extreme and I think this does nothing but put people off raw and other alternatives to kibble. If someone wants to feed dehydrated then good on them for wanting to improve their dogs health. I say give it a fair shake and see how you do. My only concern would be price, if you have a large breed dog it may get pricey to feed only THK. You could however feed THK and add raw meat to the meal, but again that is your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I have had my dogs 5 year old bulldog, Schultz, and an 8 year old weimaraner on THK for at least 4 years. We constantly switch between Embark, Force, Thrive ... And have tried Verve, Keen, and Love. I will say the grain-free are easier for each to digest. They love it and I think the dehydrated process leaves in more nutrition. My Weimaraner used to have allergy symptoms before this food (knock on wood - none in years) and the bulldog used to have digestive issues (bulldog still has allergy symptoms but I feel it's more environment than food). We mix mix in Origen senior formula kibble and add organic veggies and fruit (whatever is in season- right now lots of kale). For what it's worth we think THK is a quality product, and works for us.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I started using Sojos Dehydrated raw and I love it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.