Fromm Surf N Turf or Beef Frittata

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ok, I am having a delima.....

I had them on Beef Frittata for a few weeks and they did great. Then I switched to Surf N Turf to give it a go. They were on it two weeks. We have now gone back to Beef Frittata for about a week. Here are my observations and I have a question if anyone would like to comment. I switched them because you are supposed to be able to switch back and forth and mine didn't have any :poo: issues when I did it.

Beef Frittata Good
1. No more yeasty ears
2. Tear stains lightened up a bit.
3. No yeasty issues on rope, toes, etc.
4. Interdigital cysts (2) went away but he was on Wellness before this so I figured it was a great change.

Beef Frittata Bad
1. Eyes started watering again after a week or so. I figured it might be seasonal allergies.
2. Gypsy's eyes started watering but no staining. I thought maybe seasonal as well.

Surf N Turf Good
1. Both of their eyes stopped watering again.
2. Gypsy's ears are still clear.
3. Still no interdigital cysts.
4. What was left of Gator's acne cleared (could be a coincidence).

Surf N Turf Bad
1. Gator got a little bit of red between his toes but it went away after one good cleaning and one treatment with panalog.
2. Gypsy got acne, but could be a coincidence.
3. Gator's ears got a tad gunky for a few days but after cleaning well, it cleared up.

Back on to Beef Frittata for a week and their eyes started watering again. They have all had good :poo: on both and only :poo: 2 to 3 times a day.

My question is, should I just go to Surf N Turf and stick with it because of the eye watering and see if it clears that up again?

Thank you for any input!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Lol...for me to answer this is hysterical! Jake was on surf and turf...his eyes were boogery and :poo: on the soft side.
I put him on the beef fritatta a week ago..no runny eyes and :poo: much much better! If he ever only goes 2 to 3 times in a day..I will drop to the ground and thank the :poo:gods! If I were you..I would assume the runny eyes are seasonal and go with good :poo:.. Because obviously I am :poo: obsessive!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would stick with one for 6 weeks then try another for 6 weeks. To really REALLy decipher coincidence between problematic. :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I'm with whatshername above.... stick with one for many many weeks to determine how they are going to do on it. You need time to get the old stuff out of their system and the new stuff in to really tell.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys that is what struck me while I was writing that. I didn't really give them enough time on either. I think I will grab the surf n turf and go through at least three bags before I go back to check out the beef frittata again. Thank you for the suggestions.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You think the big bags? Or 3 smaller ones? [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]...I just switched Jake to fritatta from surf n turf..after 1 large bag! But I think he's doing better on the beef. Grrrrrrrrrr

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] three BIG bags for us because one of the largest bags lasts about two weeks in our house :). Actually, [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] called them and they said that for allergies, the beef frittata is the best. Surf N Turf has some poultry. But of course you go with what works best for each particular bully because we all know they are different.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I think I would start with the one that doesnt water the eyes the surf n turf. just my 2 cents worth.

robramirez007

Apr 28, 2011
I started giving Hank surf n Turf about 2 months ago. His tear stains are gone and he only :poo: twice a day. Awesome!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.