Solid gold dog food...when to start adult food?

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
I feed my bulldog Rocky, Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken (Lamb) Dry Puppy Food...I was wondering what is a good adult food for bulldogs???

I was going to put him on the adult food of this kind/brand but saw on the list of dog food that it is rated only 3 stars...but the puppy one is 5 stars...hmmm I wonder y...!!?!?!

Neway, I was also wondering when does he go onto adult food...?

I also heard he blue brand food is good anyone know.....????

That's a lot of ????s lol

Jenna Zepeda

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You will find there is no perfect food for all our bullies! I recently put my Jake on Fromm surf and turf. I changed him from natural balance ultra classic formula. When Jake came home at 8 weeks..I transitioned him off Iams puppy to the natural balance. He has been on an all stage food since then. Both the natural balance and Fromm are all stage foods. From puppy to adult. Jake just turned 6 months old and is and has done well on an all stage food. The hard part is finding the exact right food for your particular dog!

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
He does well on solid gold but I was just wondering...rocky deserves a 5 star food lol.... Only the best for my boy....!!!!

Jenna Zepeda

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yup! I agree..that's why I switched Jake to Fromm! Natural balance was a 4 star, I believe. My vet firmly believes in limited ingredient food for bullies...she watches Jake like a hawk and she also believes in all stage food. So....I listened to super smart people here and went with Fromm..I only know about the couple I've had experience with. Finding the right food is the most important..probably not which one..just one that works for your pup.

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
lots and lots of opinions here about what is the best foods..... the absolute BEST food for your pup is the one that suits him the best,,,, doesn't matter how it is rated, within reason. High star rated foods are usually the ones that have the most positive feedback so you can expect more from them. If you are looking for opinions then I'll just say a LOT of folks here have had excellent results from Fromm. ;)

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
When should I switch him to the new food....he's 10 months now....? Thinking Fromm is the way to goooooo....!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307061313.701937.jpg

Jenna Zepeda

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Once you pick the food you are going to try..I think he is plenty old enough now! Like I said..Jake is 6 months old..off puppy food since 10 weeks..just go slow and be prepared to try more than one!! Maybe you will be lucky and find the right one off the bat! Natures variety is another one used by a lot of people here. Good luck!

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay thanks....will let u guys know how it goes....:>

Jenna Zepeda

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Sounds like he is ready. We switched Gator to an all stages food pretty early and we have had great success. We chose Fromm Beef Frittata which is chicken and grain free. However, today I got crazy and got Surf and Turf. lol.

Good luck finding a good food for your gorgeous Rocky. He sure is pretty :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sounds like he is ready. We switched Gator to an all stages food pretty early and we have had great success. We chose Fromm Beef Frittata which is chicken and grain free. However, today I got crazy and got Surf and Turf. lol.

Good luck finding a good food for your gorgeous Rocky. He sure is pretty :)

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]...I just ordered the beef frittata..lol..and I felt pretty crazeeeee too! I have to order tho..no one carries it! Bummer

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] LOVE the Beef Frittata! I just got the Surf and Turf to mix it up. I put the bag down and you'd have thought it was Christmas around here. lol. All three of them came running.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I feed my bulldog Rocky, Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken (Lamb) Dry Puppy Food...I was wondering what is a good adult food for bulldogs???

I was going to put him on the adult food of this kind/brand but saw on the list of dog food that it is rated only 3 stars...but the puppy one is 5 stars...hmmm I wonder y...!!?!?!

Neway, I was also wondering when does he go onto adult food...?

I also heard he blue brand food is good anyone know.....????

That's a lot of ????s lol

Jenna Zepeda

I heard you could change betwen 5 to 6 months. Matilda is fully switched to Adult Blue Buffalo Fish and Sweet Patato. She is haveing no reaction what so ever.. Her skin and coat is beautiful. I wish the pictures I take did her coat some justice. Hardly any gas either.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Just bought rocks the beef frittata, he ate it but was looking for more, since the kibbles r smaller should I give him more....I give him 1.5 cups in morning and 1.5 at night...? Just wondering....

Jenna Zepeda

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just bought rocks the beef frittata, he ate it but was looking for more, since the kibbles r smaller should I give him more....I give him 1.5 cups in morning and 1.5 at night...? Just wondering....

Jenna Zepeda

That's exactly what jakes eats! I don't think you compensate for kibble size..just a cup is a cup kind of thing. I just got a bag of beef frittata too..will start next week with that. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online