Home made food?

tjzoolu

Mar 19, 2011
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sully & Dime
Anyone out there make their bullies food? I am very interested in finding recipes & if anyone has had any success in this. Also, how about the possibility of canning the food? THANKS!:bully:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I don't know about recipes but there are a few people that raw feed. You might be interested in that.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
yes ,raw,raw,raw lol,why bother cooking you lose all the nutrients and its hard work and time consuming,just cut it up and feed:),karen

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
RAW. I tried all types of kibble on Bruno. Always had skin issues. Switched him over to RAW and he improved tremendously. I feed him red meat and bones along with fruits veggies and supplements.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
RAW. I tried all types of kibble on Bruno. Always had skin issues. Switched him over to RAW and he improved tremendously. I feed him red meat and bones along with fruits veggies and supplements.

I, too, switched to raw when Stig's allergies wouldn't disappear. So now it's buy meat with bones, separate into individual baggies and freeze. We defrost whatever he's going to eat for the day in the morning, then feed him at night. It's really easy.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
best way to feed any dog,it takes a little planning but not much,as you say buy it,bag it,freeze it,feed it !!and isnt it nice to clean up small almost odourless poops lol,karen

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I agree with raw, and have been tempted myself. 1 question tho, dont they make a mess eating it? lol

I am curious about this too. Also, can someone just give me a grocery list?? lol. Also some sort of guide on portion size and how big/small to cut the pieces.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i found that annie made more mess with kibble,scatering it all over the floor then she would hoover it up and drool everywhere!!,i find that its cleaner with raw,there are a few raw feeders here and i expect we all do it differently this is how i started ,there wasnt any problems at all,i fed annie chicken backs/frames and chicken breast meat for the first couple of weeks just to get her used to raw,i cut out the kibble and did the switch in 1 day,with the bone content i just throw it in the yard as she will take it somewhere to eat it ,her meat in her bowl,if i have to feed her indoors its usually somewhere that i can clean well usually the kitchen/conservatory,but dogs do so well on raw and its great to watch them eat what dogs are supposed to eat,as i said it just takes a bit of thought ,buy in bulk ,freeze and feed,my local butcher where i buy my meat from is used to me now and yesterday i got ,2 ox heart that cost me 2.20 english pounds when ive divided it she has 14 meals !!!,and a months supply of pork ans lamb ribs,these are the type of bones plus chicken backs/frames that you feed as they are soft and digest well,so for the next 2 weeks i can feed annie for approx 20p a day lol,i do feed her liver once a week and kidney once a week and a few raw eggs ,but ox heart is a meat so shes doing great on it,have to admit that though she still has a waist her boobies are getting saggy so will have to cut her back,as for portion size i dont weigh i go by the way she looks ,if dogs have a waist and you can feel the ribs then thats good,if you can see the ribs too thin,if the dog has no waist and cant feel the ribs then too fat,im sure the other raw feeders will also advise you,do reaserch there lots of info and its really interesting,karen

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I've been trying my Boston on Sojo's and adding Nature's Variety "Instinct" frozen raw patties. It's not quite as labor intensive as an all raw diet. I just have to remember to take 3 patties out of the freezer the night before and shoot them in the fridge and the Sojo's goes in his bowl with a cup of water also in the fridge the night before. If he does well on it, I might switch Belly over to it. I haven't heard anything about Sojo's yet so I don't know how great it is, just that it has never been on the dog food recall list.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] here is the link All Natural Dog Food and Natural Dog Treats by Sojourner Farms some you just add water and raw meat to...others has freeze dried meat added that reconstitutes in the water. ...Lots of fruits and veggies added and no fillers. It's made by Sojourner Farms in Minneapolis ,MN

This is the list of ingredients in the bag I'm trying now, it's grain free :

sweet potatoes, USDA turkey, whole egg, broccoli, celery, apples, flax meal, pecans, tricalcium phosphate, pumpkin, cranberries, basil, dried alfalfa, ginger root, dried kelp, zinc sulfate, vitamin E acetate, vitamin D3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.