Fromm Beef Fritatta for puppys???

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
I am wanting to switch Memphis from Natures Variety Instinct to Fromm Beef Fritatta or the surf n turf which r both grain free but he is 4 months old... Is it ok or should I put him on the Fromm puppy? The Fromm puppy is not grain free n he has always been on grain free so I am so unsure what to do...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi [MENTION=2159]Bekah Bardwell[/MENTION]..while no expert ..here's my experience! I JUST finished transitioning Jake ..who is nearly 6 months old..to surf and turf. It is an all stages food..good for puppies to adults. He is doing great..so far. Also..FYI.. I NEVER had Jake on a "puppy" food. He came home with us on iams puppy and I immediately started switching to natural balance..also an all stages food. Hope this helps!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Fromm is an all stages food and should be ok for puppies. Remember to transition slowly when switching. =)

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Hi [MENTION=2159]Bekah Bardwell[/MENTION]..while no expert ..here's my experience! I JUST finished transitioning Jake ..who is nearly 6 months old..to surf and turf. It is an all stages food..good for puppies to adults. He is doing great..so far. Also..FYI.. I NEVER had Jake on a "puppy" food. He came home with us on iams puppy and I immediately started switching to natural balance..also an all stages food. Hope this helps!

The owner of the shop where i bought it said that it wasnt an all stage food but that it could be used for puppies but u would have to feed them more. The feeding amounts on the back say for his weight not age is 1 1/2 - 2 1/3 BUT Two to Four times that amount for Puppies or nursing dogs... Thats ALLOT if i have to double etc... A large bag would only last a few week to where as an all stage food u feed the same amount just depending on the age right? Just trying to double check to make sure... It also says this online...

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Fromm is an all stages food and should be ok for puppies. Remember to transition slowly when switching. =)

The owner of the shop where i bought it said that it wasnt an all stage food but that it could be used for puppies but u would have to feed them more. The feeding amounts on the back say for his weight not age is 1 1/2 - 2 1/3 BUT Two to Four times that amount for Puppies or nursing dogs... Thats ALLOT if i have to double etc... A large bag would only last a few week to where as an all stage food u feed the same amount just depending on the age right? Just trying to double check to make sure... It also says this online...

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Oh i failed to mention lol that obviously the sales lady was wrong because even if u have to triple the amount then it IS still an all stage... Just worried about having to feed so much...

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
http://www.frommfamily.com/upload/359.pdf

It is all life stages. You don't have to triple :lol: you have a bully :)

Thats exactly what I read once i got hm so that sales lady was incorrect but it says on the back that puppies will need 2 to 4 times the amount listed... Why not bullies? lol excuse my ignorance ;0) I am just afraid he is not going to get what he needs if i dont feed more like it says...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thats exactly what I read once i got hm so that sales lady was incorrect but it says on the back that puppies will need 2 to 4 times the amount listed... Why not bullies? lol excuse my ignorance ;0) I am just afraid he is not going to get what he needs if i dont feed more like it says...

Most puppies require extra protein during growth, but it is said (don't quote me because this is hearsay) that bullies should not have too much protein during growth stage as it is hard on their bones and devopement, so you don't want them to grow too fast. But yes, you should feed more that you would feed an adult. I fed my puppies 1.5 cups twice a day, when they were younger than 5 months I was not feeding fromm. As adults I feed them 3/4 (for the chubby ones) or 1 cup (for the right weight ones) twice a day.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi again..yes I did feed Jake more when he was on natural balance too..I did 3/4 cup 3 times a day..I just couldn't get him up to 1 cup each time..his poo would get runny..I now feed him twice a day..and 1 1/2 cup each time. I do give him a few green beans and some apple at midday..poor guy..I think he misses his lunch! I have noticed on the Fromm I didn't have the problem of his getting runny poo when I increased amount of each feeding. He does poo a huge amount tho!! Hope not TMI !!

Meant to add..my vet ascribes to the " not too much protein"club. Hope she was right! He seems fine.weighs about 31 lbs and lots of energy!

OP
B

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Update... Memphis is doing GREAT on Fromm Beef Frattata... His chin, neck, armpits n inner legs were all a dark rust color (from yeast) when on NVI n now it is all gone.... YEAAAA....

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY!!! I am so glad he is doing better! How much did you end up feeding him?

I came to this kind of late but I put Gator on Fromm Beef Frittata at about 7 months or so and started Gypsy on it right away at 15 weeks when we got her. They are doing great. Both of mine get 2 cups, 2X's a day and they are both looking perfect as far as weight.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hey [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]...Jake is on the surf and turf..but I have the beef frittata on order! I feed him 1 1/2 cups twice a day...and had a heck of a time getting his amount increased to that from 3/4 cup 3 times a day!! He would get runs from extra amount...no matter how slowly I increased his amount of kibble. :whew: he is doing well it and I'm looking forward to trying the beef ? [MENTION=2159]Bekah Bardwell[/MENTION]...so glad to hear things are looking up and Memphis seems good on his new food!! Yay for you!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] that is so funny because I just bought a bag of the surf N turf. lol. I thought the flavor change would be good and it is working just as well as the beef frittata.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] that is so funny because I just bought a bag of the surf N turf. lol. I thought the flavor change would be good and it is working just as well as the beef frittata.

That's what's so good ..can switch flavors and supposedly no issues! I was going to leave my Dena dog on natural balance and she smelled his dish a few times and started pouting! Literally laid down and wouldn't eat her kibble! So I put a few pieces of surf and turf in her dish and she was happy! Then she started trying to pick out those TINY little pieces of new kibble from her old. Threw in the towel and she's going to get Fromm too! Can't argue with my beasts! Teenagers broke me years ago!! :lmao:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online