Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: started the food switch

  1. #1
    Bully Bootie Duty korikelly's Avatar
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    158
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default started the food switch

    Friday we started the switch to Fromm puppy. We started with 3/4 to 1/4 for a few days. I ended up having quite a bit of the old food (Nutro), and I don't want to waste it, so is it okay to mix 1/2 and 1/2 and for the switch to go on a long time? Like 2-3 weeks? She is having no problems so far, and seems to like it.

  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: started the food switch

    Absolutely fine. I did the same switch, from Nutro Ultra to Fromm 4 star, Beef Frittata. It is much the same as weening a puppy from mom, cereal and wet food to dry. Take your time is always best. Enjoy the new pup!
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  3. #3
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: started the food switch

    Quote Originally Posted by korikelly View Post
    Friday we started the switch to Fromm puppy. We started with 3/4 to 1/4 for a few days. I ended up having quite a bit of the old food (Nutro), and I don't want to waste it, so is it okay to mix 1/2 and 1/2 and for the switch to go on a long time? Like 2-3 weeks? She is having no problems so far, and seems to like it.
    I just finished jakes switch from natural balance to Fromm surf and turf..it took me 3 1/2 weeks. He had no problems..

  4. #4

    Default Re: started the food switch

    -daphne-107-jpg I switched Daphne from Nutro puppy to Fromm Beef Fritatta and I did 1/2 and 1/2 until the Nutro was gone. She was fine!!

  5. #5
    Pooper scooper Katie9449's Avatar
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    43
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel Tank
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: started the food switch

    Diesel switched from California Natural (Lamb Low Fat) and he refused to eat the old food immediately. So, he is currently having an anal gland issue, but I am sure he thinks it is worth it!! He is a Fromm boy now with his yogurt ice cubes....life is good!!

  6. #6
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: started the food switch

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie9449 View Post
    Diesel switched from California Natural (Lamb Low Fat) and he refused to eat the old food immediately. So, he is currently having an anal gland issue, but I am sure he thinks it is worth it!! He is a Fromm boy now with his yogurt ice cubes....life is good!!
    Ooooh..tell me about yogurt ice cube? I just give Jake a tsp of yogurt once a week...

  7. #7
    Pooper scooper Katie9449's Avatar
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    43
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel Tank
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: started the food switch

    You make me laugh! It is just about a teaspoon of plain yogurt in an ice cube mold. He LOVES it...he grumbles at me now when I give him real ice cubes b/c he wants his yogurt!

  8. #8
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: started the food switch

    Oh his is what I do everytime we switch cuz I get too excited and start the new food early. Sometimes I give half and half for a few weeks then once I see it is starting to get low I go to 3/4 to 1/4 and that even goes for quite some time. Figure the longer it takes the better for your pups tummy.

  9. #9
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Yes me too! Sometimes it takes me 3 weeks to switch. But usually not

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  10. #10
    Dog Park Attendant Piamitch's Avatar
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    462
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Ooooh..tell me about yogurt ice cube? I just give Jake a tsp of yogurt once a week...
    I'm soo gonna try the yogurt ice cubes. I do pumpkin ice cubes for Ruckus's special treats and he looves them.

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •