started the food switch

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Friday we started the switch to Fromm puppy. We started with 3/4 to 1/4 for a few days. I ended up having quite a bit of the old food (Nutro), and I don't want to waste it, so is it okay to mix 1/2 and 1/2 and for the switch to go on a long time? Like 2-3 weeks? She is having no problems so far, and seems to like it.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Absolutely fine. I did the same switch, from Nutro Ultra to Fromm 4 star, Beef Frittata. It is much the same as weening a puppy from mom, cereal and wet food to dry. Take your time is always best. Enjoy the new pup!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Friday we started the switch to Fromm puppy. We started with 3/4 to 1/4 for a few days. I ended up having quite a bit of the old food (Nutro), and I don't want to waste it, so is it okay to mix 1/2 and 1/2 and for the switch to go on a long time? Like 2-3 weeks? She is having no problems so far, and seems to like it.

I just finished jakes switch from natural balance to Fromm surf and turf..it took me 3 1/2 weeks. He had no problems..

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 107.jpg I switched Daphne from Nutro puppy to Fromm Beef Fritatta and I did 1/2 and 1/2 until the Nutro was gone. She was fine!!

Katie9449

May 2, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Tank
Diesel switched from California Natural (Lamb Low Fat) and he refused to eat the old food immediately. So, he is currently having an anal gland issue, but I am sure he thinks it is worth it!! :) He is a Fromm boy now with his yogurt ice cubes....life is good!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Diesel switched from California Natural (Lamb Low Fat) and he refused to eat the old food immediately. So, he is currently having an anal gland issue, but I am sure he thinks it is worth it!! :) He is a Fromm boy now with his yogurt ice cubes....life is good!!

Ooooh..tell me about yogurt ice cube? I just give Jake a tsp of yogurt once a week...

Katie9449

May 2, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Tank
You make me laugh! It is just about a teaspoon of plain yogurt in an ice cube mold. He LOVES it...he grumbles at me now when I give him real ice cubes b/c he wants his yogurt! :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh his is what I do everytime we switch cuz I get too excited and start the new food early. Sometimes I give half and half for a few weeks then once I see it is starting to get low I go to 3/4 to 1/4 and that even goes for quite some time. Figure the longer it takes the better for your pups tummy. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes me too! Sometimes it takes me 3 weeks to switch. But usually not :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.