Dog lovers gold dog food

michelle

Jun 25, 2010
Lima,Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle,Ella,Lilly,Queenie
I have found the greatest dog food for my bully's. And it wont break the bank! I just paid $38.00 for a 33# bag. And this food is GREAT not just the cost but it is a complete diet for our bulldogs. As good as you can get in a bag. If you have used this let me know. Also all 4 of my bulldogs love the taste!!! I drove 2 hours just to buy this food. That is how good it is!! And no I don't work for company (lol...)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well it got 4 star reviews on the ratings so that is good. I havent tried it but that price isnt bad but for a 2 hour drive, WOW! Hope you like it, I am sure there are others who have experience with this food here.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Someone mentioned this food before. I don't know what their success was with it. Lindathedogsmaid is the dog food expert here on our forums :). I love avoderm, now trying canidae and switching to grain free canidae because I was not thrilled with the results of the regular one. They still look fabulous, (our bullies) but they just smelled better on avoderm.

OP
M

michelle

Jun 25, 2010
Lima,Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle,Ella,Lilly,Queenie
I tried that one and my dogs did not care for it. And I thought that a grain free diet would be best out of all BUT it has to much protien. It can cause a loose stool and be to much on the kidneys. And guess who ownes this company now... p&g so who knows how long it will be decent??
When I bought my food I bought 5 bags that day. And the owner even threw in a free 33# bag for me...(wow) I bought it in cinci ohio. It is not in pet food chain stores!! thanks

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I love dog lovers gold! We drive 5 hours to get ours at 30.00 a bag. (not to be confused with solid gold or black gold dog food). Love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
Hello - I am going to look further into this food, Because-- it says alot of nice things BUT they are very generic, on the specifics, such as vitamins,(natural,man made,US made,)
ALSO----- I DO NOT JUST LOOK AT THE INGREDIENTS!!!
if it is not in the guaranteed analysis---- it has no more than a trace amount
I talk to the manufacturers, also belong to the truth about pet foods, I find out how high teh cooking temp is, how long its cooked for. whether or not all ingredients are from the USA and if not where from,
are the vitamins,coming from the ingredients, or are they man made , and are they from the USA or a third world country???? what are each suspect ingredient derived from. and how many times hav I or the truth about pet foods interviewed the company. and have they responded back, and or in a timely manner. AND NO ONE PAYS FOR OUR REVIEWS, THE PET OWNERS SUBSCRIPTIONS,ARE THE ONLY SOURCE OF MONEY TO THE TRUTH ABOUT PET FOODS, THAT I RELY ON. and I am a volunteer that is retired from working, and passionate about foods and pets.
I looked at some of the reviews, and they are only checking lables, not getting intouch with the companies and asking serious questions. like HOW HOT,cooking,HOW LONG COOKED. foods done to long to hot are broken down into thier own amino acids. meaning GARBAGE!!!
is the meat human grade?? AND IS IT MUSCLE MEAT????(I know lot of meat I WOULDN'T EAT))BUT SOME WOULD))intestines,feet,tonque,brains,jowels, SHALL I GO ON ????

and ask yourself----who pays for these reviews???????
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Salt,(why) to addict the dog?
Sodium Selenite--more SALT ?????
Digestive Enzymes:(from what ???)
Lecithin. ((derived from what ???) usually SOY---not good for most breeds.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude protein min. 25.00%
Crude fat min. 16.00%
Crude fiber max. 4.50%
Crude ash max. 7.50%
Moisture max 10.00%
Omega-6 fatty acid min 3.10 %
Omega-3 fatty acid min 0.60%
Calcium min. 1.30 %
Phosphorus min. 1.00 %
Copper min. 20 mg/kg
Vitamin A min. 20.000 lU/kg
Vitamin D min. 2.000 IU/kg
Vitamin C min. 50 mg/kg
Vitamin E min. 200 IU/kg

if it is not in the guaranteed analysis---- it has no more than a trace amount

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
also please understand- that--1/2 to 2/3 twice a day, with the great dog foods is plenty!!
that makes it much cheaper in the long run.
Fromm, Natures logic,, great 4 life, at least these few will put in writing what they guaranty to be in the food in writing!!!!! and boild meat and rice are only for a short period of time after an upset tummy ,(easy to digest ) but dogs need more,up to and including veggies and fruits. smaller amounts of carbs, and use the peelings too, for fiber. yams/sweet potatoes, are a great carb

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Linda- was wondering if you could look into avoderm and canidae?

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
also please understand- that--1/2 to 2/3 twice a day, with the great dog foods is plenty!!
that makes it much cheaper in the long run.
Fromm, Natures logic,, great 4 life, at least these few will put in writing what they guaranty to be in the food in writing!!!!! and boild meat and rice are only for a short period of time after an upset tummy ,(easy to digest ) but dogs need more,up to and including veggies and fruits. smaller amounts of carbs, and use the peelings too, for fiber. yams/sweet potatoes, are a great carb

I feed 3/4 of a cup twice daily.....

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Salt,(why) to addict the dog?
Sodium Selenite--more SALT ?????
Digestive Enzymes:(from what ???)
Lecithin. ((derived from what ???) usually SOY---not good for most breeds.

Nope, not Soy. Says it right on the bag and on the website. They use "NO Corn, Wheat, Soy or other fillers"

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
Linda- was wondering if you could look into avoderm and canidae?
sure----

AvoDerm Natural Pet Food
11 Dog Food Reviews
No Red Flag Ingredients
Avg. Rating Dry 4 Paw Prints--out of 5
Avg. Rating Can 3 Paw Prints out of 4
AvoDerm Natural Pet Food
Made by Breeders-Choice Pet Foods; division of Central Garden & Pet Company located in Irwindale, CA. Manufacturing plant(s) have APHIS EU certificationAll dry foods are made at the Breeders Choice owned plant in California; canned foods are manufactured by Menu Foods and American Nutrition. The AvoDerm Representative told me 'meat meal' ingredients (lamb meal, chicken meal) do not contain by-products, only muscle meat; fish meal is not preserved with ethoxyquin. From Breeders-Choice: "However, because it is found in the food chain, trace amounts cannot easily be eliminated." *****((( No information provided for cooking time and temperature; company did not respond.)))))****

but the truth is in what is in it and how it got there, and is it in writing?
guaranteed ??? as in an analysis !! that is the only way to tell if more than a hint , was put into it .(that is all that is required by law, to have it on the bag)
-----------------------------
Red Flag Ingredients: No
US Only Ingredients: Yes excluding lamb from New Zealand, quinoa from Canada or So. America depending on season, and one formulation of canned cat food - AvoDerm Natural Select Cuts 3 oz cans from Thailand.
Natural Preservatives: Yes
Shelf Life: 1 year to 18 months
Crude Protein: 20% Crude Fat: 11% Crude Fiber: 3% Moisture: 10%

Plus: The AvoDerm Natural Representative told me the ingredients are human grade/quality. The mineral listings do read to be chelated or proteinated (for better mineral absorption). This food does appear to contain friendly bacteria (benefits the intestinal system and in turn the immune system of the pet). Contains flax seed, alfalfa - quality ingredients.

Minus: Contains Sodium Selenite - potential risk form of selenium.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
Canidae Pet Foods- BEWARE-------THIS FOOD IS MADE BY ONE OF THE CHEAPEST MADE QUALITY MANUFACTURERS IN THE ---USA- Dry foods are manufactured by Diamond Pet Food;
8 Dog Food Reviews----THIS FOOD HAS ONLY 8 REVIEWS AND TEAMED WITH THE MAKER---
I WOULDN'T TOUCH THIS !!!!!!!

at least these guys tell you how hot and how long ---BUT OMG the time---
and one thing - when I was on the phone to them the other day- they couldn't tell me why some items were in the food.- lack of knowledge!!! also -- they say-- that they try to use USA made vitamins, when possible----
we will tell you if they gaurentee the important things , LIKE PRE AND PRO BIOTICS ---in WRITING--
if not ,you know not much is in it .
Crude Protein

(min.)

26.00%

Crude Fat

(min.)

15.50%

Crude Fiber

(max.)

4.00%

Moisture

(max.)

10.00%

Linoleic Acid (Omega 6)

(min.)

3.70%

Calcium

(min.)

1.20%

Phosphorus

(min.)

0.90%

Iron
(min.)

mg/kg
Zinc
(min.)

mg/kg
Vitamin E

(min.)

IU/kg
Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3)*

(min.)

0.50%

Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)*

(min.)

mg/kg
Lactobacillus Acidophilus* (min.)
100 million
CFU/lb.
Cellulase* (a)

(min.)

CMCU/kg

Canidae Pet Foods
Dry foods are manufactured by Diamond Pet Food; canned foods are manufactured by Evangers and Simmons. All processing excluding foods containing beef are APHIS EU certified. Meat meal ingredients contain no by-products. Per Canidae, all fish meal, ocean fish meal, and salmon meal ingredients are preserved with Naturox as of June 1, 2010. Dry pet food is extruded around 210 degrees, and the extrusion process takes around 3 to 4 minutes the product is then moved to the drying process where it bakes at an average of 250 degrees for around 30 minutes. Can Pet Food cooking temperature is about 250 degrees, with approximately a 104 minute cook time.
anidae Pet Foods
All Life Stages Chicken & Rice Formula Dry

Ingredients: Chicken meal, brown rice, white rice, rice bran, cracked pearled barley, peas, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), millet, tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed meal, potassium chloride, choline chloride, sun cured alfalfa meal, inulin (from chicory root), lecithin, sage extract, cranberries, beta carotene, rosemary extract, sunflower oil, yucca schidigera extract, dried enterococcus faecium, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid, cobalt proteinate, organic selenium, papaya, pineapple.

US Only Ingredients: Yes
Shelf Life: 1 year
Crude Protein: 26% Crude Fat: 15.50% Crude Fiber: 4% Moisture: 10%

Plus: The Canidae/Felidae Pet Food Representative told me the ingredients are human quality/grade. The mineral listings do read to be chelated or proteinated (for better mineral absorption). Contains Alfalfa & Flax Seed - quality ingredients.

Minus: This food does(((( not appear to contain friendly bacteria (benefits the intestinal system and in turn the immune system of the pet).)))) Contains Sodium Selenite - potential risk form of selenium.

No Red Flag Ingredients
Avg. Rating Dry 4.2 Paw Prints
Avg. Rating Can 4 Paw Prints

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
NOW I will compare the same dry chicken formula from the FROMM family company
they put in writing as does canidae, BUT the big differance is FROMM HAS THIER OWN PLANT and they are LICENSED above and beyond what they NEED TO BE !!!

Fromm Family Pet Food
14 Pet Food Reviews
No Red Flag Ingredients
Avg. Rating 5 Paw Prints Dry -out of 5
Avg. Rating 4 Paw Prints Can-- out of 4
Fromm Family Pet Foods
(((Fromm Pet Foods are produced by forth generation Fromm Family. Dry Foods are manufactured in company owned U.S. plant;)))) canned foods produced in South Dakota, U.S.; not a company owned plant. The Fromm Representative stated 'meat meal' ingredients (chicken meal, duck meal,...) do not contain by-products,((( only muscle meat;))) fish meal preserved with citric acid (natural preservative). (((Manufacturing plants have APHIS EU certification.))) Dry foods are cooked at 255 F for (((50 seconds. ))) For more information
COMPARE COOKING TIMES TO OTHERS--- THIS FOOD LOOSES NO NUTRTION----
Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pearled Barley, Oatmeal, Sweet Potato, Brown Rice, White Rice, Whole Dried Egg, Menhaden Fish Meal, Millet, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Tomato Pomace, Safflower Oil, Herring Meal, Cheese, Flaxseed, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Apples, Green Beans, Lecithin, Chicken Cartilage, Potassium Chloride, Cranberries, Blueberries, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Chicory Root Extract, Alfalfa Sprouts, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Folic Acid, Parsley, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Vitamin A, D3, E, B12 Supplements, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sorbic Acid, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite.

US Only Ingredients: US and Canada
Shelf Life: 1 year ----- will be fresher than most- BECAUSE-- it is on the shelf less time
Crude Protein: 24% Crude Fat: 15% Crude Fiber: 3% Moisture: 10%

Plus: The Fromm Pet Food Representative told me the ingredients are human quality/grade. The mineral listings do read to be chelated or proteinated (for better mineral absorption). This food does appear to contain friendly bacteria (benefits the intestinal system and in turn the immune system of the pet). This pet food contains several quality animal protein sources (chicken, egg, fish meal, herring meal). Contains flaxseed, alfalfa - quality ingredients.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
NOW I will compare the same dry chicken formula from the FROMM family company
they put in writing as does canidae, BUT the big differance is FROMM HAS THIER OWN PLANT and they are LICENSED above and beyond what they NEED TO BE !!!

Fromm Family Pet Food
14 Pet Food Reviews
No Red Flag Ingredients
Avg. Rating 5 Paw Prints Dry -out of 5
Avg. Rating 4 Paw Prints Can-- out of 4
Fromm Family Pet Foods
(((Fromm Pet Foods are produced by forth generation Fromm Family. Dry Foods are manufactured in company owned U.S. plant;)))) canned foods produced in South Dakota, U.S.; not a company owned plant. The Fromm Representative stated 'meat meal' ingredients (chicken meal, duck meal,...) do not contain by-products,((( only muscle meat;))) fish meal preserved with citric acid (natural preservative). (((Manufacturing plants have APHIS EU certification.))) Dry foods are cooked at 255 F for (((50 seconds. ))) For more information
COMPARE COOKING TIMES TO OTHERS--- THIS FOOD LOOSES NO NUTRTION----
Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pearled Barley, Oatmeal, Sweet Potato, Brown Rice, White Rice, Whole Dried Egg, Menhaden Fish Meal, Millet, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Tomato Pomace, Safflower Oil, Herring Meal, Cheese, Flaxseed, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Apples, Green Beans, Lecithin, Chicken Cartilage, Potassium Chloride, Cranberries, Blueberries, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Chicory Root Extract, Alfalfa Sprouts, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Folic Acid, Parsley, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Vitamin A, D3, E, B12 Supplements, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sorbic Acid, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite.

US Only Ingredients: US and Canada
Shelf Life: 1 year ----- will be fresher than most- BECAUSE-- it is on the shelf less time
Crude Protein: 24% Crude Fat: 15% Crude Fiber: 3% Moisture: 10%

Plus: The Fromm Pet Food Representative told me the ingredients are human quality/grade. The mineral listings do read to be chelated or proteinated (for better mineral absorption). This food does appear to contain friendly bacteria (benefits the intestinal system and in turn the immune system of the pet). This pet food contains several quality animal protein sources (chicken, egg, fish meal, herring meal). Contains flaxseed, alfalfa - quality ingredients.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.