Wellness not working out...

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
I've been trying to switch Jelly to Wellness (whitefish and potato) for almost a month...as soon as I started adding the Wellness her poops became soft, and every time I try to add a little more of the Wellness to her old food her poop is runny...I think this is not going to work. :cursing: She's on Diamond Natural Chicken and rice and her allergies are terrible, which is why I was trying to get her OFF the chicken. She has the bumps between her toes and licks constantly, she also has eye boogers at times, not all the time, but more then I'd like ...YUCK! I probably need to take her back to the vet again...her skin is getting a little stinky. I brush her every morning (which she loves) and I'm seeing white flakes and a lot of shedding
Any thoughts on what food to try now? Any other ideas?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
A lot of people have problems with :poo: on Wellness. We had Gator on Wellness Puppy first and his were never firm which is one of the reasons we switched. I am not sure what you have available in your area but there are several foods out there that might work better. I use Fromm Beef Frittata and it works well for us.

There is a good chance that if you find the right food, those problems will clear up. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! We have to be :detective2: with these guys.

*just had to use the new "detective" smiley [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] found!*

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes many users here at EBN complain of soft poo on wellness. Check out our recommended dog foods and if you cannot find them in your area you can get them online for most of the time cheaper ordering through petflow with their free shipping. Even if you don't take advantage of the free shipping code, shipping is still only $4.95 which is about the same as paying sales tax. :)

I highly recommend Fromm or Natures Logic, and natures variety salmon.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I second what they said. haha Once you find a good food that works for your pup you will have it much easier.

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 361.jpg Wellness did not work out at all for Daphne, so I switched her to Fromm Beef Frattita and it has been GREAT!!!! good luck!

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
Jelly's vet is the one who was "pushing" for a fish and potato food (and suggested the Wellness)...I assumed any meat food would/could be allergenic? :blink: Is that assumption wrong?

What about Blue Buffalo...any problems? It's available at PetSmart...easy peasy. :excited:

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2062]love jelly[/MENTION], it is amazing what a difference food can do for your pup. Vegas had all the same symptoms as Jelly until we found the right food. Unfortunately it will be through trial and error, read the dog food section on this site it will be very helpful. I use Nature's Variety Instict Salmon and Petsmart does not carry it. I have a local feed store that orders it in for me. When you do find the right food it is like a miracle before your eyes, no bumps, no runny poo, no gooey eyes and most of all NO SMELL!!!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
[MENTION=2062]love jelly[/MENTION] Matilda has been on Blue Buffalo for about 2 months now and is doing awsome!!

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Wow. I guess every dog is different ....... Maximus is on WELLNESS CORE GRAIN FREE REDUCED FAT Dog food, and he has no side effects from this food. His Poop is fine and he looks really good .......plus, He loves this Food !

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
Thanks to everyone who contributed here today!! My goal is a happy, allergy free dog! We'll keep trying different food till we find what works for her...I love this site :heart:, I wish I had more time to read through everything!! :*(
thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
BabyGirl use to eat Wellness Core and I switched her go Natures Variety Instinct Beef and Lamb and her poops are firm, no rashes and her coat has become thick and lustrous. My boy Wilson use to eat Royal Canin Bulldog and I switched him to NVI too and I can see his coat has thickened up too. Allergy issues have been cut back a lot. Seeing is believing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Wow. I guess every dog is different ....... Maximus is on WELLNESS CORE GRAIN FREE REDUCED FAT Dog food, and he has no side effects from this food. His Poop is fine and he looks really good .......plus, He loves this Food !

Aren't they all different? What works for one bully might not be good for another. It is interesting. Oh, and about finding Fromm (if you want to), try going to their website and searching for vendors. I didn't think anyone had it here either but found there are actually two places that I didn't even know existed! Also, many members use petflow with good reviews.

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
Aren't they all different? What works for one bully might not be good for another. It is interesting. Oh, and about finding Fromm (if you want to), try going to their website and searching for vendors. I didn't think anyone had it here either but found there are actually two places that I didn't even know existed! Also, many members use petflow with good reviews.

Genius!! I went to the Fromm website and found I can buy it within a MILE of me!!! YEAAAAAAA They also carry Blue Buffalo...not sure which I'll try first...?!?!?! :confused:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Genius!! I went to the Fromm website and found I can buy it within a MILE of me!!! YEAAAAAAA They also carry Blue Buffalo...not sure which I'll try first...?!?!?! :confused:

I would definitely try Fromm first. At least that way, you'll know how Jelly will react. If it doesn't go well, you can always go down a notch and try the Blue Buffalo next.

Oh and which Fromm flavour were you planning to get? I think the Beef Frittata is chicken and grain free. Am I correct, [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.