fromm vs taste of the wild

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
A little late but if I remember correctly the totw pacific is the one that gave Cutty acid reflux like mad. My boys like any and all foods so he did like that one but would just regurgitate randomly and big amounts of food would come back out. Like he couldnt even predict it. Was crazy and we did switch to other proteins in the totw which did not have the same effect at all. Very odd. Out of all the foods Cutty has been on that was the 1 and only time he got acid reflux from it. Something about the specific ingredients in it I guess. And yes food allergies do cause interdigital cysts. One of the foods, cannot remember which one (could have been totw I suppose) caused Cutty to have them too. I switched foods and they went away. Only time he ever had them so far.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
WOW. That is very interesting. Maximus has interdigital cysts on all four paws --- I've been to 3 VETS regarding them - None of them mentioned Food as a potential culprit. The last VET was a Dermatologist/Allergist, and did Allergy Testing on Maximus. I asked if the "bad food" he was on prior to me owning him could have been the culprit, and the VET said No. He said it is auto-immune related, but not a direct result of food.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
WOW. That is very interesting. Maximus has interdigital cysts on all four paws --- I've been to 3 VETS regarding them - None of them mentioned Food as a potential culprit. The last VET was a Dermatologist/Allergist, and did Allergy Testing on Maximus. I asked if the "bad food" he was on prior to me owning him could have been the culprit, and the VET said No. He said it is auto-immune related, but not a direct result of food.

I find that all vets have differences in opinions or just differing ways of viewing things. For example, Stig had demodex mange a month after we got him. Although it's an auto-immune disease, my vet said that it was a secondary reaction to his allergies. Therefore, his allergies were the primary cause of the mange, once we control the allergies then we also control the mange.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION] I do also know of other members over the past year who got rid of them with a food change. The right food can boost the immune system, thus less issues with allergies and other health issues.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION] I do also know of other members over the past year who got rid of them with a food change. The right food can boost the immune system, thus less issues with allergies and other health issues.

I honestly believe that the probiotics on the Fromm helped to boost Gator's immune system and therefore may have made a difference in the cysts and acne as well as the ear infections.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I havent tried fromm yet but totw salmon did not do well with my bully. made her yeast and other symptoms worse. Didnt bother with other flavors as she had such a reaction.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]..Jake is doing great on Fromm surf and turf..cross everything possible! I ordered the beef frittata for next try. Will be awhile tho..want to make surf Jake is comfortable on one flavor. How's Sarah doing?

meatys mom

May 6, 2011
georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
meaty
Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone is feeding Natures Variety Instinct or have and what r your thoughts on it. I have never tried Fromm but can get it where I have been getting NVI. My puppy have been on many different foods because of skin issues. He is doing great now and doing well on NVI. He is on his second bag now but yesterday I noticed a strange order!!:barf:!! Not from his face or booty but like a body order. Not sure what that is??!! Well anyway it seems like alot of you r on fromm so maybe I should give it a try.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone is feeding Natures Variety Instinct or have and what r your thoughts on it. I have never tried Fromm but can get it where I have been getting NVI. My puppy have been on many different foods because of skin issues. He is doing great now and doing well on NVI. He is on his second bag now but yesterday I noticed a strange order!!:barf:!! Not from his face or booty but like a body order. Not sure what that is??!! Well anyway it seems like alot of you r on fromm so maybe I should give it a try.

Maybe the anal glands need to be expressed?

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
Hi everyone! I just tried natures logic duck and salmon, winston and Rollie both loved it, but the food is in such small pieces.. Most of it falls out of their mouth on to the floor, they won't eat it off the floor, I have to put it back in the bowl. ( too expensive to sweep up in the sweeper!) those of you that feed fromm, is the kibble normal sized? They really liked the Fromm treats I bought. But I haven't known them not to ever like Treats Lol thanks for the help!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromm kibble is small too. Same with natures variety. Funny they won't eat it off the floor! :lol:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Mine are like little vacuums and will eat ANYTHING off of the floor lol. Yeah, the Fromm kibble is really small too. I like the Fromm treats for my guys too. They really like them.

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
I came home to my poor Geno with hives :( He has been eating taste of the wild pacific stream for about two months. Idon't think its the food, I think he is allergic to grass or something. anway, he lost weight on his last food, so that is when i made the switch and he gained it all back. it does stink but he seems to like it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I came home to my poor Geno with hives :( He has been eating taste of the wild pacific stream for about two months. Idon't think its the food, I think he is allergic to grass or something. anway, he lost weight on his last food, so that is when i made the switch and he gained it all back. it does stink but he seems to like it.

GREAT AVATAR! Could be anything outside... may not be the food at all

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I used TOTW Pacific Stream with all my dogs successfully for years. In fact, it was the only food my late EB Zelda could eat without getting allergy issues. The protein levels are good, not too high, not to low and the price is right. However, I did find that Pacific Stream was causing the tear stains on my EB Zamboni (through a misguided food change that lead to nightmareish consequences skin wise). I now have moved over to the lamb formula which has the same amount of protein and fat as the fish. So far, no tear stains. Fromms is not readily available in my area so I haven't tried it yet. It's also about 20 bucks a bag more than TOTW and that doesn't work real well on a retirement income.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.