Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm with @JAKEISGREAT ... she only JUST moved her dog to Fromm and the vet is claiming it was the food??? It would take a long time for the food to build up in the dogs system to cause the kidneys to fail!!!

We have both of ours on Fromm and we love it ... I don't even wipe their wrinkles more than once a month now because there is just nothing there to wipe!!!!

@Maximus Yes food could cause interdigital cysts and chin acne as both are signs of a potential food allergy. It may not even be the food itself it could be the protein source. For example Maggie got really bad interdigital cysts which then became infected whilst she was on Fromm chicken n veggies. As long as we stay clear of the chicken flavour then the Fromm is just wonderful.

@Kim Sebastian n Oliver Maggie is on 3/4 cup twice a day and she's 35lb and 3 years old. Daddy is now on 1 1/4 cups per day and he is close to 50lb and 9 months old. So we get through 4 cups a day .... a 30-ish lb bag will last approx 4 weeks. As Daddy gets older we'll probably cut him down to 1 cup at each meal and see how he does. At the moment he's starting to put a bit of weight on ...not too much but I'm going to be watching him closely. He's long bodied so sometimes it's not as easy to notice their weight as it is with the "butterball" shaped bullies!!

Agreed...Cami is a long bodied, big boned girl and weighs 62lbs (down 2 lbs from 2 mo's ago).

She was on Fromm's Veg a la Chicken but had terrible gas and constantly! Knowing lots of EBs
are sensitive to poultry, I slowly switched her to TOTW Salmon but as with my other EB, it also
caused stinky, constant gas so I switched to TOTW Bison & Venison and just now starting on the
2nd bag...only occasional gas (thank goodness) and she eats it right away.

I feed her 1 & 1/4 cup TWICE a day with about 1 teasp of cottage cheese or plain yogurt on top.
Brutus was big too, about 58lbs and got the same amount and had a waistline as Cami is starting
to have.
:2thumbs:

IMHO...3 cups daily of these nutrient dense foods we're talking about is too much food for our EBs.

You might cut it to 2 & 1/2 cups divided into 2 or 3 feedings and add the rest as green beans if he
seems hungry. Some EBs always act hungry...the cute little piggys!

On the dog that died of kidney failure, IMHO...not caused by Fromm food...something else was
going on in that case...such a shame.

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Hi everyone! I just tried natures logic duck and salmon, winston and Rollie both loved it, but the food is in such small pieces.. Most of it falls out of their mouth on to the floor, they won't eat it off the floor, I have to put it back in the bowl. ( too expensive to sweep up in the sweeper!) those of you that feed fromm, is the kibble normal sized? They really liked the Fromm treats I bought. But I haven't known them not to ever like Treats Lol thanks for the help!

I have fed Pickle Fromm (didn't do well for her), Natures Variety (tear stains worsened) and now she is eating Natures Logic (fingers crossed). Of the three, I think Fromm has the largest kibble and NL is the smallest. My little vacuum gets whatever is in her dish right down with no issues. If it falls on the floor so be it she will get it later.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
I was just wondering what everybodys opinion is on these two foods fromm salmon a la veg vs. Taste of the wild pacific stream. It seams a lot of people on here go with fromm but I have a friend who said she's heard of bullsogs having kidney failure from fromm and they sell totw for 42 dollars a 30 lb bag at a feed store by my house so im just wanting some input.
sure hope not....i just switched Forde to fromm :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
sure hope not....i just switched Forde to fromm :(

No worries. This thread is over two years old and there has never been any other person who suggested such a thing. Could've been a Internet troll trying to start false rumors.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes this thread is very old and it gave me a :giggle: at some of us old timers responses to it then and where we are now. im doing my best to keep my opinions of totw to myself. :yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
yes this thread is very old and it gave me a :giggle: at some of us old timers responses to it then and where we are now. im doing my best to keep my opinions of totw to myself. :yes:

It's difficult, especially as these companies get bought out then change how they process
or change their food sources WITHOUT that information updated on their product bags or
their websites...there is so much deception going on! Even if the food is healthy there can
be processing or chemicals or preservatives added that are NOT healthy for our pets.

When I get a better handle on my current challenges going on, I hope to home cook almost
exclusively for my family and my pets from local farmers using no chemical/pesticides and
allows free range and grass feeds. They offer shipping (for city folk) and also, discounts for
larger orders, my neighbor & I are thinking of doing this and splitting costs. Want to buy meat,
eggs, veggies & fruits.

I firmly believe it's healthier and cheaper in the end because of fewer doctor & vet visits.

It's challenging, exhausting and difficult to eat healthy for man or beast in today's chemical soups
found in our air, land, water...it's everywhere. GOD protect and bless all of us!
:pray:

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
No worries. This thread is over two years old and there has never been any other person who suggested such a thing. Could've been a Internet troll trying to start false rumors.

whew!! so happy to hear that....thanks much :)

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
I think i may have been the one that resurrected this old thread....:ashamed: I searched for TOTW food cuz I was worried about my Geno. His hives were gone by the end of the night. I'm keeping an eye on him, but everything is good for now. He is on medicine for allergies already, so i think its safe to rule out the food as an allergy. If anything i might try a different flavor of the TOTW if i feel he needs a change. I'm glad to see people on here feed it to their EB's too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think i may have been the one that resurrected this old thread....:ashamed: I searched for TOTW food cuz I was worried about my Geno. His hives were gone by the end of the night. I'm keeping an eye on him, but everything is good for now. He is on medicine for allergies already, so i think its safe to rule out the food as an allergy. If anything i might try a different flavor of the TOTW if i feel he needs a change. I'm glad to see people on here feed it to their EB's too.

Glad to hear Geno is feeling better :)

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I can get TOTW from tractor supply switched th bullies over to 4-Health grain free a while back. Still not happy 100% but its cheaper and there is more per bag.

I wish someone would carry Fromm food close to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can get TOTW from tractor supply switched th bullies over to 4-Health grain free a while back. Still not happy 100% but its cheaper and there is more per bag.

I wish someone would carry Fromm food close to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Don't forget about Petflow. They do free shipping if you set up a regular delivery order ... and that order can be as far apart as you wish depending on how quick you use the bag.

I used Petflow all the time because I had nobody near me who stocked Fromm, then I came across a little local store who has it. I don't think it's any cheaper, may even be ever so slightly more expensive but I wanted to support this little local store if I could. If they stopped stocking Fromm for whatever reason then I would go back to Petflow in a heart beat.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online