Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fromm vs taste of the wild

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: fromm vs taste of the wild

I'm with @JAKEISGREAT ... she only JUST moved her dog to Fromm and the vet is claiming it was the food??? It would take a long time for the food to build up in the dogs system to cause the kidneys to fail!!!

We have both of ours on Fromm and we love it ... I don't even wipe their wrinkles more than once a month now because there is just nothing there to wipe!!!!

@Maximus Yes food could cause interdigital cysts and chin acne as both are signs of a potential food allergy. It may not even be the food itself it could be the protein source. For example Maggie got really bad interdigital cysts which then became infected whilst she was on Fromm chicken n veggies. As long as we stay clear of the chicken flavour then the Fromm is just wonderful.

@Kim Sebastian n Oliver Maggie is on 3/4 cup twice a day and she's 35lb and 3 years old. Daddy is now on 1 1/4 cups per day and he is close to 50lb and 9 months old. So we get through 4 cups a day .... a 30-ish lb bag will last approx 4 weeks. As Daddy gets older we'll probably cut him down to 1 cup at each meal and see how he does. At the moment he's starting to put a bit of weight on ...not too much but I'm going to be watching him closely. He's long bodied so sometimes it's not as easy to notice their weight as it is with the "butterball" shaped bullies!!

-daphne-492-jpg I have Daphne on Fromm and she has no gas and tear stains going away.....my last bully, Molly, died from kidney failure, but it was a genetic thing. We took Molly to Univ of Penna Vet Hospital and it was a disease called PLN (protein losing somethin somethin) and the doctors said it had nothing to do with the food.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT, that's okay, I'm glad you replied even if you are just "nosy" LOL!!!

@kazzy220, thanks so much, I think I'm going to change their order at Petflow to Fromm now. I still have 1 bag of TOTW in the garage and just started on a bag a week and a half ago.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

A little late but if I remember correctly the totw pacific is the one that gave Cutty acid reflux like mad. My boys like any and all foods so he did like that one but would just regurgitate randomly and big amounts of food would come back out. Like he couldnt even predict it. Was crazy and we did switch to other proteins in the totw which did not have the same effect at all. Very odd. Out of all the foods Cutty has been on that was the 1 and only time he got acid reflux from it. Something about the specific ingredients in it I guess. And yes food allergies do cause interdigital cysts. One of the foods, cannot remember which one (could have been totw I suppose) caused Cutty to have them too. I switched foods and they went away. Only time he ever had them so far.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

WOW. That is very interesting. Maximus has interdigital cysts on all four paws --- I've been to 3 VETS regarding them - None of them mentioned Food as a potential culprit. The last VET was a Dermatologist/Allergist, and did Allergy Testing on Maximus. I asked if the "bad food" he was on prior to me owning him could have been the culprit, and the VET said No. He said it is auto-immune related, but not a direct result of food.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    WOW. That is very interesting. Maximus has interdigital cysts on all four paws --- I've been to 3 VETS regarding them - None of them mentioned Food as a potential culprit. The last VET was a Dermatologist/Allergist, and did Allergy Testing on Maximus. I asked if the "bad food" he was on prior to me owning him could have been the culprit, and the VET said No. He said it is auto-immune related, but not a direct result of food.
    I find that all vets have differences in opinions or just differing ways of viewing things. For example, Stig had demodex mange a month after we got him. Although it's an auto-immune disease, my vet said that it was a secondary reaction to his allergies. Therefore, his allergies were the primary cause of the mange, once we control the allergies then we also control the mange.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Maximus I do also know of other members over the past year who got rid of them with a food change. The right food can boost the immune system, thus less issues with allergies and other health issues.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    @Maximus I do also know of other members over the past year who got rid of them with a food change. The right food can boost the immune system, thus less issues with allergies and other health issues.
    I honestly believe that the probiotics on the Fromm helped to boost Gator's immune system and therefore may have made a difference in the cysts and acne as well as the ear infections.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

I havent tried fromm yet but totw salmon did not do well with my bully. made her yeast and other symptoms worse. Didnt bother with other flavors as she had such a reaction.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom..Jake is doing great on Fromm surf and turf..cross everything possible! I ordered the beef frittata for next try. Will be awhile tho..want to make surf Jake is comfortable on one flavor. How's Sarah doing?

Bulldog(s) Names
    meaty
    Likes (Received)

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone is feeding Natures Variety Instinct or have and what r your thoughts on it. I have never tried Fromm but can get it where I have been getting NVI. My puppy have been on many different foods because of skin issues. He is doing great now and doing well on NVI. He is on his second bag now but yesterday I noticed a strange order!!!! Not from his face or booty but like a body order. Not sure what that is??!! Well anyway it seems like alot of you r on fromm so maybe I should give it a try.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meatys mom View Post
    Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone is feeding Natures Variety Instinct or have and what r your thoughts on it. I have never tried Fromm but can get it where I have been getting NVI. My puppy have been on many different foods because of skin issues. He is doing great now and doing well on NVI. He is on his second bag now but yesterday I noticed a strange order!!!! Not from his face or booty but like a body order. Not sure what that is??!! Well anyway it seems like alot of you r on fromm so maybe I should give it a try.
    Maybe the anal glands need to be expressed?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads