the foods you feed

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
please dont take this the wrong way everyone as its not meant to offend in any way,but can i ask why do you put supplements on the kibble you feed ?isnt the kibble supposed to have everything in it that your dog needs to grow and stay healthy?over supplementing can do more harm than good,also i read there are a lot of dogs with allergies have you ever considered this may be due to kibble period,and not seasonal,please dont shoot me down in flames:lol:,these are only questions not judgements,karen

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We only use the grizzly salmon oil as a supplement. This was mainly to boost Maggie's immune system. Last year was the first year since we've had her that she didn't suffer from Masticatory Muscle Myositis which completely locks the jaw. It's an autoimmune disease and she got it at the same time each year - in November. Last year she didn't because we took the advice of [MENTION=4]Lindathedogsmaid[/MENTION] and switched her over to Fromm and started to add the salmon oil to boost the immume system. However, it's also good for joints and Maggie broke her elbow the first year we had her, we also have a lab with joint problems too. So in the end ALL of our dogs get it. I have to say that all their coats are much shinier and softer with the oil.

I guess it's like humans .. it doesn't matter how carefully you eat and watch your diet. There will be people who are in need of a little extra to supplement their diet because of medical needs, age, youth, or illness.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I don't put any suppliments in Matildas kibble. I think I kinda spoil her though. A teaspoon of canned with her morning meal and a good heaping spoonful of cottage cheese with her dinner. I don't even know where to start with suppliments. She is only 4 1/2 months.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't use suppliments either, I try to do it with kibble and his healthy snacks.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
the boys only get Salmon oil on their food once a day.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I don't use any supplements at this time for any of mine. I have been considering something for Lucy's joints though since she is getting older and slower.

I am actually considering trying raw this summer when school gets out and I am not working. I did get some tip's from Moe's dad but I would love to hear how you plan your girl's meals and what cuts of meat you use, etc. Can you PM me?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
The only supplement type thing I use is the salmon oil because it helps a great deal with Samson's skin and allergy issues. Other than that I just add some different things for variety like yogurt and fruits and vegetables.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I dont add supplements to the dry kibble either, but Maximus is on Daily Probiotics and Daily Multivitamins. He also gets Digestive Enzymes, and I make sure he gets a little plain nonfat yogurt weekly. It has all made a big difference in how he looks and feels.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
most bully owners here in the uk are obsessed with suppliments and toppings on the kibble,,karen

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] I'm glad you asked this! I don't give Katie supplements either. I just got her about a month and a half ago, and I didn't know a thing about the supplements until I joined this site. I'm still pretty foggy on them, though. I thought the food I have has salmon oil already in it too...

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
bio yoghurt is good for digestion ,just a couple of tablespoons a day is all i give annie,some agree with it some dont but to be honest annie loves it,lol,karen

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
Let me ask you guys, what type of vegtables do you all give your bullies? I've heard many of you talk about baby carrots and frozen green beans. What fruits do you all give them? What should I stay away from? I'd be happy to share some of my fruit with my bully, it will keep it from going bad! This way I can lay of the doggie bones and give them a treat that's even better for them. I may try the yogurt, calcium to help his bones.
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], where dod you get the salmon oil from?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would like to hear about more fruits other than bananas and apples.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont feed sarah any supplements other than cosequin for her hip that had a torn acl before we got her and im going to start with some salmon oil to see if it helps her coat but other than that nothing

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.