help with food please

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok i have been switching sarah over to nvi first the rabbit yes geez thats before i knew any better anyways it took bout 2 weeks as i had some old food left. well i have been seeing some reactions and i thought it was the rabbit so i switched her to salmon. well last night she had the same type of stuff. shes been having red dots on her tummy and her chin gets red and then her beside her nose got red so i think ok the pollen worse as my other dogs are having the same trouble so i give her antihistamine and she gets better. now this morning she threw up. all of her food it looks like. she has thrown up before in the summer but its usually just she heaves and nothing comes out this am she threw up her whole breakfast it looks like. she seems ok now but my q is do i stop the food or just cut it back maybe. i was thinking maybe i just need to put her on a limited ingredient diet like wellness simple solutions or natural balance lamb and rice. not grain free cause they have potatoes and she has a yeast problem also. any help would be appreciated. how bout canine caviar has anyone heard of this?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How much are you feeding her per sitting? I am so sorry she does not feel good :(

What was she eating before the switch? It has only been a couple of weeks, so I am not sure if she is reacting to the food or not. I hate this for you, most food changes go very smoothly with positive results while a few it takes a few changes to get the right one. I would give it another week at least.

My recommendation would be Fromm #1, I have been feeding this with much success for over 6 months on 5 bullies. I never tried Wellness but I doubt I will as so many complain about runny poops. I just don't want to deal with that at all. Many have success with Natural Balance, but once they switched to Fromm or NVI they say it is better. Dog food is very difficult to narrow down, but in the end, once you find the right food, it will be worth all the trouble!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I agree with the above and suggest trying Fromm first. Is it available in your area? Some members here have fed their bullies Natural Balance and thought that it went well. However, once switching to Fromm for varying reasons, they were very surprised at how good the results were.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
no we do not have fromm here is why i have been trying to use a food that is available to me here. Sarah has been ok the rest of the day and i gave her some of the royal canin i had left and she was ok and i gave her some chicken and she was fine. Im thinking that it is to much protein for her. if they had fromm here i would certainly use it and maybe will soon. I went and got some holistic select lamb and rice as it seemed to have better ingredients than natural balance and im going to try mixing the 2 to cut down on the instinct protein. Ive found that grain foods have 2 little protein for her and grain free has potatoes and 2 much protein for her it seems. She doesnt seem to have a sensitive tummy really so i think this just may work. I have yet to find one food that she seems to do well on so maybe between the 2 i can get it right. we do have the natures variety prairie here so i may just try and feed her that only at some point later on but i worry about the grains and her yeast problem.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Sorry if I have missed a previous post ... what is Sarah allergic to?

As for the Fromm ... well you can get that online from Petflow! A LOT of us use it on here with fantastic reviews, and they've got a special offer on shipping at the moment.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online