Gas. Do you feed grain free?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have this theory that the amount of stinky :fart: is related to the grains in the food you give your bully. If your dog is on grain free food, did you notice a change in the gas? Do they have none, very little, or will it still clear a room?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Since we switched HRH to Fromm Grain free there has been a huge reduction in her farting. She still lets one rip once in a while but it is a rarity now compared to what it was when she was on BilJac. We ALSO at the same time switched her to a grain free treat from Blue Buffalo. You cant feed them great food and give them crap for treats.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I completely agree with your opinion on treats [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]. I give Canidae and Fromm treats to my guys. Love the grain free treats! Plus the fact that they don't have dyes or beets is great.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah as long as i transition her very slowly does seem to have less or almost no gas with grain free. So yes I have had less gas to none with grain free food as opposed to grains. I'd say though even grain free will cause gas if there is something in the food not agreeing with your bully.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I think after switching Frank to grain free, he has 90% less farts!! He still does have occasional gas but it is SOOOO much better than it used to be!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I feed Fromm Grain Free Beef Fritatta, and yes they have no gas. Now, I switched two (Mandy & Yuna) to the Diamond grain free from Costco for a 6 week trial. With the exception of the transition period I don't notice any gas, maybe a bit, but not as much as I was expecting!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I feed Fromm Grain Free Beef Fritatta, and yes they have no gas. Now, I switched two (Mandy & Yuna) to the Diamond grain free from Costco for a 6 week trial. With the exception of the transition period I don't notice any gas, maybe a bit, but not as much as I was expecting!

Oooh..I was wondering how that food trial was going!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oooh..I was wondering how that food trial was going!

Just a bit of tear staining (not bad at all tho) but otherwise it is going well. I hope the stains are minimal, I am not wiping daily as I don't with Fromm. Just every other day or so. It is hard to get stains off a white bully!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
the boys are on TOTW for food and they occassionally get fresh fruit and veggies for snacks. As for treats, I found some 100% freeze dried liver treats at a farm supply company, so they get those. I agree that if you're going grain free with food, you should go grain free with treats. The boys rarely pass gas and when they do, it's silent and slightly smelly. I've also noticed that their :poo: has less odor as well.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas rarely has gas on the grain free, and of course his treats are grain free consisting of veggies, yogurt, fruits ect... BUT when he does let one rip on occasion, we know it, and it can make you leave the room.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], that is a great emotion, it should just be changed to a bully pic. doing that instead of Joe's pic. :lmao:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.