Gas. Do you feed grain free?

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I know this is in NO WAY scientific but it seems interesting that everyone sees the difference once grain free has been used. Just a thought....

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Yep - Maximus is strictly on a Grain-Free diet and it makes a world of difference. He looks better, feels better, is less gassy and bloated, and his bowel movements are normal.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We are on grain free beef frittata from Fromm at the moment. We actually switched to the beef purely because we were keeping away from the chicken flavour (Maggie seems to be allergic to it) and thought beef might make a nice change. So it was purely by accident that we discovered that the beef made Daddys' horrendous farting disappear!! We won't necessarily stay with the grain free ALL the time, because I do like to change it up. However, I think we'll probably be getting the beef and the surf n' turf flavours the most often from now on!!

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
I have this theory that the amount of stinky :fart: is related to the grains in the food you give your bully. If your dog is on grain free food, did you notice a change in the gas? Do they have none, very little, or will it still clear a room?
When we brought Memphis hm the breeder had him on Iams and o my word the GAS was crazy! Definately would clear the room... I started it off from the get go w grain free n have never looked back! NO GAS what so ever!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i have to admit that the culprit who do all the farting in my house now is the men!!!,annie very rarely lets rip now since feeding her raw,and im lucky if she poops 1 aday,its usually every other day,and even then its like picking marbles up:D,and if i dont pick it up its turned white and chalky and washed away with the rain,excellent stuff:),karen

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
We just switched Tubs over to Blue because he was on AvoDerm (which had grain) and his gas was horrible!!!! He is doing so much better. He has very little gas. Once in a while we will get a hint of a :fart:, but it is very slight and it goes away quickly. It was the best switch we could have made!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is good news [MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] so glad to hear you are not living in a stink house anymore!! :fart: :rofl:

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]......yes it has gotten a lot better. My husband was talking to friends last night and he was telling them how Tubs has bad gas, but I jumped right in and said, "NOT ANYMORE!!!"...I think he is a little upset because he won't be able to blame it on the dog anymore. :lmao: My dad even made a joke and would say, "I just Tubsed!":ROFL: It has been an enjoyable change! :whew:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.