nv instinct outsourcing to china

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
When I saw the title of this the first thing that came to mind was OH NO! What about [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]'s vegas!! lol. But it looks like his food may not be affected. Whew!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes but it does say (including our freeze dried biocoating) is that not what is sprayed on the rabbit kibble? that was my concern with the rabbit kibble and why i was asking the questions. i was not trying to start a panic but wanting feedback from people feeding nvi so i can make a decision about whether to continue feeding it. I posted exactly what was on the website so there would be no confusion sorry if i have scared anyone just thought people should know about it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ..I am wondering if that freeze dried rabbit biocoating is used on the kibble? It must be because they certainly can't coat canned or raw? Just a thought.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
yes but it does say (including our freeze dried biocoating) is that not what is sprayed on the rabbit kibble? that was my concern with the rabbit kibble and why i was asking the questions. i was not trying to start a panic but wanting feedback from people feeding nvi so i can make a decision about whether to continue feeding it. I posted exactly what was on the website so there would be no confusion sorry if i have scared anyone just thought people should know about it.

Oh [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]..same question from me..at same time!! Lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am SO sorry, yes you both are correct [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

The statement within itself is misleading with the placement of the parenthesis after the raw without mentioning the dry food. But yes the dry food is covered with this. :down:

Cowsmom don't ever apologise! :muah2: That is what we are all here for, to help others make informed decisions and to educate. :up: Kudos to you actually!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
for anyone still viewing this thread i emailed the company about exactly what is outsourced to china and i got a prompt reply and im going to post it here. Take is as you wish to.
Dear Sandra,

The rabbit protein we use in our raw diet is from China. The rabbit in our canned is sourced between Italy and China, while the rabbit in the kibble is from France. We employ a U.S. educated food scientist in China to oversee our rabbit sourcing. All rabbit protein is tested before shipment from China and again after it arrives in the U.S. and processed into our Raw diet. In addition, the rabbit liver we use in our canned diets from China undergoes the same rigorous monitoring and testing. We feel very confident in how we handle our sourcing from China. All poultry, pork, and beef come from the US and our lamb and venison is imported from Australia and New Zealand. Rabbit is a popular choice with our customers and provides a unique protein source. We have tried diligently for years to locate a supplier in the US and around the world to meet the needs of customers without success in any other country. That is why we have taken the steps outlined above to insure quality control over every aspect of the sourcing. We hope this provides the additional information you are looking for. Thanks for supporting our products!

Sincerely,
Shannon

Customer Service
Nature's Variety
1-888-519-7387
www.naturesvariety.com

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you for posting that! And thank you for doing the research. You are a good momma to keep your eyes on these things.

Members online