cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Do you source from China?
We are currently sourcing rabbit meat for our raw diets (including our exclusive freeze dried rabbit Bio-Coatingā„¢) and for our canned diets from a supplier in China. In order to ensure the quality of these suppliers, members of our management team have personally visited and audited the facilities. Nature's Variety also has a PhD food scientist on staff in China, who visits the facility and monitors meat quality. In addition, samples from shipments received from this supplier are submitted to an independent lab for testing. All results of testing and auditing have matched our specifications for quality and nutrition.

This is off the instinct website. I use the rabbit formula and feed some of the canned food varieties. I am very concerned about these things being done in china even though they assure all is being monitored and checked. What does everyone think about this as I worry about my pets well being. Has anyone had a problem with any of these products?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oooh..[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]...that would be a concern to me also. I just don't understand why these companies can't find rabbit meat..or whatever..in our country. By the time they hire food quality inspectors and send people back and forth..can't they operate here? We have rules in place to protect us..I think these are ways to circumvent our standards..it makes me angry.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Do you source from China?
We are currently sourcing rabbit meat for our raw diets (including our exclusive freeze dried rabbit Bio-Coatingā„¢) and for our canned diets from a supplier in China. In order to ensure the quality of these suppliers, members of our management team have personally visited and audited the facilities. Nature's Variety also has a PhD food scientist on staff in China, who visits the facility and monitors meat quality. In addition, samples from shipments received from this supplier are submitted to an independent lab for testing. All results of testing and auditing have matched our specifications for quality and nutrition.

This is off the instinct website. I use the rabbit formula and feed some of the canned food varieties. I am very concerned about these things being done in china even though they assure all is being monitored and checked. What does everyone think about this as I worry about my pets well being. Has anyone had a problem with any of these products?

OMG!!!! last month I bought a 25 lb. bag of NVI salmon, and it had shredded up paper in it so large I could read it, and it DID say China!! I did return the bag NO problem, but that is weird you are posting this and it just happened to me, the guy at the feed store told me it was not the first time he had seen this!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]..ya..I remember that. This is a problem for them. We wouldn't eat meat from china..why would we feed it to our critters? Especially after their history.it's all about the bucks..and pisses me off

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is very interesting, thanks for pointing it out!

I think if you do not feel comfortable, don't feed NVI. There is other great choices, like Nature's Logic and Fromm. I *THINK* they are both USA.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i had no idea about the china thing now what do i do. ive almost got my dogs switched to this and was starting my cats on it also. shes been on so many foods i just dont know how to change them again. im so upset is anyone going to keep using this food? she is doing pretty well on it so far i just dont know what id feed her if not this.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I do feel comfortable feeding NVI, [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I have for a year and I have had 1 bad bag, my new bag is perfect and he inhales it. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], just remember to keep the bag about a week in case anything is wrong so that you can return it. I had NO problems returning it with the bag, even though I transport it into a rubbermaid bin. I hate that I did have 1 bad bag, but over a years time I have NO problem continuing NVI and will continue. It made a world of difference with Vegas.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Today I purchased my first bag of Fromm. The Beef Frittata Veg. Having 5 of these critters it's going to get pricey, but hey, these guys are my life. It is made in Wisconsin, USA since 1904, a family owned and operated business, USDA inspected. If for this reason alone it is worth the switch to me. My company is a machining industry and we buy from China all the time, they have the slackest laws of any manufacturing company I have ever seen. If I can avoid products from that Country, I will. Just saying, my opinion. From everything I've been reading about feeding this breed, Fromm has great results. I hope everything works out for all of us and our bestest friends.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't comment .. I feed Fromm and it's family owned and made in the USA. It works wonderfully for both my bullies so I have never even considered trying NVI.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay I have re-read the first post, and finding it on their website faq, I would like to point out to everyone here (so everyone does not freak out mainly!!! :eek:) That this does state SPECIFICALLY that it is for RAW and CANNED diets, and only RABBIT.

I do believe that the bags that hold the kibble are made in China, but I cannot be certain.

FAQ's - Safety and Quality | Nature's Variety

But if anyone still feels uncomfortable with this, I would suggest trying Fromm grain free or Nature's Logic. But remember the benefit of NVI is that it is only meat, oils, fruits and veggies. Most other dog food still contain grains, and grain free contain potatoes. So if you goal is to control a yeasty bully, you may just want to stick with NVI.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
That's good info [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ..I am not using nvi..but the whole china thing is something to be aware of. I think [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is very frightened because she has had so much difficulty finding the right food for her Sarah. She was almost done with the transition to nvi rabbit and she saw this info about china.her bully has lots of allergies and yeast so she feels so frustrated. My hubby runs a food processing plant that deals with snack foods and the horror stories about what comes in from china are frightening. I don't even like that the bags are made there. My poor granddaughter..I've brainwashed her to the point that we were out to dinner and the waiter brought her a lollipop and she asked him if it was made in china!! Now THAT is sad! :ashamed:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It does not state that the rabbit in the kibble formula is from China, but if anyone is feeding the rabbit kibble and are wondering how true that may be, they can switch easily to any of the other kibbles, because they are made to mix and match, similar to Fromm 4* line, without upsetting the digestive tract. Sorry for the run on sentence!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Good information. I think we just need to be a little bit more aware of these things. I have learned to read the info in whatever treats I buy for Mocha. Just keep the bag like [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] says just in case.All Ive heard and read about the food has been positive so just keep doing what your doing and check their website frequently to be up to date in any updates they may have.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.