Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nv instinct outsourcing to china

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: nv instinct outsourcing to china

That's good info @desertskybulldogs ..I am not using nvi..but the whole china thing is something to be aware of. I think @cowsmom is very frightened because she has had so much difficulty finding the right food for her Sarah. She was almost done with the transition to nvi rabbit and she saw this info about china.her bully has lots of allergies and yeast so she feels so frustrated. My hubby runs a food processing plant that deals with snack foods and the horror stories about what comes in from china are frightening. I don't even like that the bags are made there. My poor granddaughter..I've brainwashed her to the point that we were out to dinner and the waiter brought her a lollipop and she asked him if it was made in china!! Now THAT is sad!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It does not state that the rabbit in the kibble formula is from China, but if anyone is feeding the rabbit kibble and are wondering how true that may be, they can switch easily to any of the other kibbles, because they are made to mix and match, similar to Fromm 4* line, without upsetting the digestive tract. Sorry for the run on sentence!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Good information. I think we just need to be a little bit more aware of these things. I have learned to read the info in whatever treats I buy for Mocha. Just keep the bag like @KMARINO says just in case.All Ive heard and read about the food has been positive so just keep doing what your doing and check their website frequently to be up to date in any updates they may have.
    LisaMarie

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When I saw the title of this the first thing that came to mind was OH NO! What about @KMARINO's vegas!! lol. But it looks like his food may not be affected. Whew!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

yes but it does say (including our freeze dried biocoating) is that not what is sprayed on the rabbit kibble? that was my concern with the rabbit kibble and why i was asking the questions. i was not trying to start a panic but wanting feedback from people feeding nvi so i can make a decision about whether to continue feeding it. I posted exactly what was on the website so there would be no confusion sorry if i have scared anyone just thought people should know about it.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs ..I am wondering if that freeze dried rabbit biocoating is used on the kibble? It must be because they certainly can't coat canned or raw? Just a thought.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    yes but it does say (including our freeze dried biocoating) is that not what is sprayed on the rabbit kibble? that was my concern with the rabbit kibble and why i was asking the questions. i was not trying to start a panic but wanting feedback from people feeding nvi so i can make a decision about whether to continue feeding it. I posted exactly what was on the website so there would be no confusion sorry if i have scared anyone just thought people should know about it.

Oh @cowsmom..same question from me..at same time!! Lol

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am SO sorry, yes you both are correct @JAKEISGREAT @cowsmom

The statement within itself is misleading with the placement of the parenthesis after the raw without mentioning the dry food. But yes the dry food is covered with this.

Cowsmom don't ever apologise! That is what we are all here for, to help others make informed decisions and to educate. Kudos to you actually!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

No worries here@desertskybulldogs...we are all in the same boat!! Just trying to do right by these bullies!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

for anyone still viewing this thread i emailed the company about exactly what is outsourced to china and i got a prompt reply and im going to post it here. Take is as you wish to.
    Dear Sandra,

The rabbit protein we use in our raw diet is from China. The rabbit in our canned is sourced between Italy and China, while the rabbit in the kibble is from France. We employ a U.S. educated food scientist in China to oversee our rabbit sourcing. All rabbit protein is tested before shipment from China and again after it arrives in the U.S. and processed into our Raw diet. In addition, the rabbit liver we use in our canned diets from China undergoes the same rigorous monitoring and testing. We feel very confident in how we handle our sourcing from China. All poultry, pork, and beef come from the US and our lamb and venison is imported from Australia and New Zealand. Rabbit is a popular choice with our customers and provides a unique protein source. We have tried diligently for years to locate a supplier in the US and around the world to meet the needs of customers without success in any other country. That is why we have taken the steps outlined above to insure quality control over every aspect of the sourcing. We hope this provides the additional information you are looking for. Thanks for supporting our products!

Sincerely,
    Shannon

Customer Service
    Nature's Variety
    1-888-519-7387
    www.naturesvariety.com

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thank you for posting that! And thank you for doing the research. You are a good momma to keep your eyes on these things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads