Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Ok, I have a question. At what age can I switch Matilda to adult kibble?? I want to try the Blue Adult Fish & Sweet Potato. She seemed very interested in the smell last time we were at the pet store. One breeder told me I can switch her at 6 months. Of course this is the same person that said Royal Canin was the best food for the bully breed.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
My vet said about 8 months. However, if it is an all stages food, you can go ahead :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yes I beleive it is okay to feed bulldogs adult food as early as 5 months depending on the size of the pup. I have 5 bulldogs and feed them a adult salmon based sensitive system food . You don't want your bully's getting too much protien in the later growing stage because of their large joints. Hope my reply helps some.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I beleive it is okay to feed bulldogs adult food as early as 5 months depending on the size of the pup. I have 5 bulldogs and feed them a adult salmon based sensitive system food . You don't want your bully's getting too much protien in the later growing stage because of their large joints. Hope my reply helps some.
Oh, it does. I am aware of the protien thing. thanks for the info [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION]..Jake has been on an all stages food since we brought him home at 8 weeks. I am now in the middle of switching him from natural balance to Fromm surf and turf..so far so good! He is 5 1/2 months now.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thanks for the info. I think I will go get a small bag this weekend.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have heard with bullies to get them off puppy food before 6 mos. I am not sure how spot on that is but it has to do with growth, and their large bones, and mainly protein. Some breeders will even say 3 months so I am guessing you are safe to switch, even if it is not ALS. :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I switched Vegas around 6 months. from Iams puppy chow to Iams Probiotics :ashamed:, what a mess I had with him on that crappy food. It was not until he was a year that I found this site and got his food straightened around!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.