tear stains & chewing on paws

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
gator sarah is 47 pounds and a whole 25mg benadryl would knock her out to so i give only 1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 in the evening and she seems ok with that. just something to try if the zyrtec doesnt work out.

Trish

Sep 1, 2012
Barrie, Ontario -- Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bernadette
hi korikelly -- the goopy eyes and chewing feet are definately food alergies -- i have a 1 yr old female bulldog named beranette and we have just started her on raw food diet -- this is day three and she started with goopy eyes smelly breath red face and neck and scratching -- did not have to wipe her eyes today she has not chewed her paws since the first day her breath doesnt stink and i can get close to her again and we have been through the ringer with foods, vet prescriptions etc you name it this is having the best results so far will keep you posted.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Glad to hear things are working out well for you and Bernadette ... oh and :welcome: to you both :2thumbs:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
This def works! Pollen counts all over are insane and Benedryl def helped my pup soooo much with the sneezing, runny nose and eyes!

I have to believe that Dublin who has the same issues is due to seasonal allergies ( though this whole year has turned into a "season") We have gone down the whole food route and it didnt' change anything. Her vet is on board with that also. She gets 1 1/2 Benedryl twice a day. One just wasn't doing it. She is 46lb. Now if I took that amount of Benedryl I would be comatose but it doesn't do that to her at all. I tried zyrtec and didn't have as much luck. So much with our Bullies is trial and error...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.