Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for predictions

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Default Looking for predictions

So I have had Tubs on AvoDerm for about 2 months now. I was hoping his gas would get better as time went on, but it hasn't. Just today he woke himself up because he stunk so bad. He even looked up at me as if to say "was that you?" We got a bag of Blue puppy Chicken and Brown Rice. This is the same formula as the AvoDerm. For those of you who have experience with Blue, should his gas get better? Should we keep him on the chicken and Brown Rice? I was debating whether or not to get the Lamb and Oatmeal. I know the one big difference between the AvoDerm and the Blue is that Blue does not have wheat. Any predictions???? This gas has got to go!!!!!
    Last edited by speechmom53; 05-07-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: can't spell

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Looking for predictions

Matilda is on blue. Tubs gas will probably be gone in about a month or even sooner. My baby girl has no gas what so ever, oh and also, if you go to their website you can get a coupon sent to ya.

Who wouldn't love that face???

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Most bullies do best on a grain free diet. Bullies will have gas...its just part of being a bully.
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well......oh no wait. Weeeeeeeeeellllllll

My bullies always had gas on every food we tried until Fromm. I swear they are gas free. I am currently testing out the grain free from Costco on two of them...... and so far..... but it has only been about 6 days. But at this rate I will be back on Fromm in no time! Otherwise the food seems okay-- other than the gas!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Tiffany B's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rollie and Cash
    Likes (Received)

Rollie use to be on blue for about a year, that's funny..when he was on it he also passed gas and looked this rear end,like its scared him! Lol i have since changed food a couple of times due to what I thought was food allergies, but his thyroid doesn't function.
    I agree I think it's just a bully being a bully!!! No matter what food.. It's still the same with him

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiSchoolcraft View Post
    Most bullies do best on a grain free diet. Bullies will have gas...its just part of being a bully.
    AGREED on entire statement!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    AGREED on entire statement!
    I agree as well. However, I had him on Prism from the breeder with gas, but not this bad. The breeder is 2 hours away and I don't see that food around here. I switched him to Nutro after that. He didn't have gas, but I noticed his tear stains got real bad real fast. I switched him to AvoDerm and OH MY!!!!!! I can deal with the gas, bu this is BAD! and since it wasn't like this before, its making me think it is the food!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MatildasMommy View Post
    Matilda is on blue. Tubs gas will probably be gone in about a month or even sooner. My baby girl has no gas what so ever, oh and also, if you go to their website you can get a coupon sent to ya.
    Thanks for the info on the gas and the coupon! I will check it out. I also found out that one of our farm stores here, which is ran by family friends, carries it! Hopefully this will work. I just went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a boat load of candles because I burnt all the others down!

I am having the same thing with Vinny on the Avoderm he can clear a room and the one next store with his gas. We have a natural/holistic pet food store in my town and they suggested buying this powder with probiotics on his food to eliminate gas or switching to natures variety simple ingredient formula. Not sure what I am going to do first......

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by speechmom53 View Post
    Thanks for the info on the gas and the coupon! I will check it out. I also found out that one of our farm stores here, which is ran by family friends, carries it! Hopefully this will work. I just went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a boat load of candles because I burnt all the others down!
    You are welcome. Thats too funny about the candles!!!

Who wouldn't love that face???

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullymommy2vinny View Post
    I am having the same thing with Vinny on the Avoderm he can clear a room and the one next store with his gas. We have a natural/holistic pet food store in my town and they suggested buying this powder with probiotics on his food to eliminate gas or switching to natures variety simple ingredient formula. Not sure what I am going to do first......
    I really think...and hope....it is the food. As I mentioned before, he wasn't this bad until I put him on AvoDerm. It is so bad that the vet even commented on it. When I told her I switched his food due to the tear stains she said I needed to weigh the pros and cons. Did I want to put up with the gas or the tear stains???? I am going with the tear stains now because this is bad! "fingers crossed" I will let you know how we make out. I believe Blue is holistic too.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think I would rather battle tear stains too but let's you can find a food that is good for both!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads