Looking for predictions

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So I have had Tubs on AvoDerm for about 2 months now. I was hoping his gas would get better as time went on, but it hasn't. Just today he woke himself up because he stunk so bad. He even looked up at me as if to say "was that you?" We got a bag of Blue puppy Chicken and Brown Rice. This is the same formula as the AvoDerm. For those of you who have experience with Blue, should his gas get better? Should we keep him on the chicken and Brown Rice? I was debating whether or not to get the Lamb and Oatmeal. I know the one big difference between the AvoDerm and the Blue is that Blue does not have wheat. Any predictions???? This gas has got to go!!!!!:eeeew::fart:

Last edited:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Matilda is on blue. Tubs gas will probably be gone in about a month or even sooner. My baby girl has no gas what so ever, oh and also, if you go to their website you can get a coupon sent to ya.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well......oh no wait. Weeeeeeeeeellllllll

My bullies always had gas on every food we tried until Fromm. I swear they are gas free. I am currently testing out the grain free from Costco on two of them...... and so far..... :fart: but it has only been about 6 days. But at this rate I will be back on Fromm in no time! Otherwise the food seems okay-- other than the gas!

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
Rollie use to be on blue for about a year, that's funny..when he was on it he also passed gas and looked this rear end,like its scared him! Lol i have since changed food a couple of times due to what I thought was food allergies, but his thyroid doesn't function.
I agree I think it's just a bully being a bully!!! No matter what food.. It's still the same with him

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
AGREED on entire statement!

I agree as well. However, I had him on Prism from the breeder with gas, but not this bad. The breeder is 2 hours away and I don't see that food around here. I switched him to Nutro after that. He didn't have gas, but I noticed his tear stains got real bad real fast. I switched him to AvoDerm and OH MY!!!!!! I can deal with the gas, bu this is BAD! and since it wasn't like this before, its making me think it is the food!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Matilda is on blue. Tubs gas will probably be gone in about a month or even sooner. My baby girl has no gas what so ever, oh and also, if you go to their website you can get a coupon sent to ya.

Thanks for the info on the gas and the coupon! I will check it out. I also found out that one of our farm stores here, which is ran by family friends, carries it! Hopefully this will work. I just went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a boat load of candles because I burnt all the others down!

bullymommy2vinny

Apr 28, 2011
I am having the same thing with Vinny on the Avoderm he can clear a room and the one next store with his gas. We have a natural/holistic pet food store in my town and they suggested buying this powder with probiotics on his food to eliminate gas or switching to natures variety simple ingredient formula. Not sure what I am going to do first......

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Thanks for the info on the gas and the coupon! I will check it out. I also found out that one of our farm stores here, which is ran by family friends, carries it! Hopefully this will work. I just went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a boat load of candles because I burnt all the others down!

You are welcome. Thats too funny about the candles!!! :lol:

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I am having the same thing with Vinny on the Avoderm he can clear a room and the one next store with his gas. We have a natural/holistic pet food store in my town and they suggested buying this powder with probiotics on his food to eliminate gas or switching to natures variety simple ingredient formula. Not sure what I am going to do first......

I really think...and hope....it is the food. As I mentioned before, he wasn't this bad until I put him on AvoDerm. It is so bad that the vet even commented on it. When I told her I switched his food due to the tear stains she said I needed to weigh the pros and cons. Did I want to put up with the gas or the tear stains???? I am going with the tear stains now because this is bad! "fingers crossed" I will let you know how we make out. I believe Blue is holistic too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think I would rather battle tear stains too :haha: but let's :pray: you can find a food that is good for both! :up:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Id say its the food. Ive had sarah on many many foods and one thing ive noticed is her gas decreases to almost none on some and is worse on others. My bully also does better on grain free. ive never used avoderm but sarah had bad gas on blue. she farted alot but it wasnt really stinky. but your bully maybe fine on it. its all trial and error. good luck to you.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
My boys are on TOTW Pacific Stream and they have virtually no gas. Only a couple of times will I get a faint wiff of something odiferous in the air, but it's gone in seconds.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Most bullies do best on a grain free diet. Bullies will have gas...its just part of being a bully. :yes:
Agreed with [MENTION=939]NikkiSchoolcraft[/MENTION] and [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION].......Vegas RARELY has gas on his grain free NVI.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.