Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hundreds of you have had issues with your bulldogs, and found a dog food that changed your life. We would love to hear your testimonials, with before and after pictures to add to our articles section.

Don't assume that we only want testimonials of our recommended dog foods. We recommend these foods, but they are not endorsed or anything, and we want to hear about all of your success stories. This will help others in the future find a food that suits them in comparison to the issues you had vs. what they are trying to help with their dog.

So whether you went to the BARF diet, TOTW, Orijen, raw feeding, home cooked..... tell us all about it!

Here is the dog food and nutrition section of articles where your story will be published. You can read the ones we have on there to get ideas.

Here is the dog food and nutrition section of articles where your story will be published. You can read the ones we have on there to get ideas.

English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Dog Food And Nutrition

You can email your testimonial to [email protected] with as many before and after pictures you can find. Please include as much information as possible, including meds you also used in conjunction with dog food, vet appts, any supplements or side items you give in their diet, treats, snacks, ect. Please let us know what brand you were using before and what issues you thought it may have been causing.

Note it may take me several days to even a week to publish your article, so please be patient :) My to do list is quite extensive! :crazy:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We really don't have good picture documentation of HRH with allergy symptoms that she now doesn't have since switching her to Fromm Beef Fritatta and low fat, no chicken Blue Buffalo treats. But doing that switch helped to stop her licking her front paws to the point of a rash, and have immensely improved her gooey "morning eyes". She also doesn't get the tear stains in her nose rope at her eyes like she was getting. It's dramatically decreased the amount of maintenance her face wrinkles need.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
You know my situation, the only story would have to revolve around :poo: and I really don't know if you want a story like that. However with all the types I have tried, Natural Balance, Merrick, Fromm's and Orijen, Orijen has worked the absolute best with all the dogs. She has only had one SIBO (small intestine bacteria overgrowth) break through with Orijen and most of that is because of our camping trip last week, Bella got under the table treats. on Fromm's she has breakthroughs almost as soon as she was done with her antibiotic treatments.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We really don't have good picture documentation of HRH with allergy symptoms that she now doesn't have since switching her to Fromm Beef Fritatta and low fat, no chicken Blue Buffalo treats. But doing that switch helped to stop her licking her front paws to the point of a rash, and have immensely improved her gooey "morning eyes". She also doesn't get the tear stains in her nose rope at her eyes like she was getting. It's dramatically decreased the amount of maintenance her face wrinkles need.

Well that is okay too, Linus's story does not have before and after pix either. Check out his story and maybe you can still find something to put together?

You know my situation, the only story would have to revolve around :poo: and I really don't know if you want a story like that. However with all the types I have tried, Natural Balance, Merrick, Fromm's and Orijen, Orijen has worked the absolute best with all the dogs. She has only had one SIBO (small intestine bacteria overgrowth) break through with Orijen and most of that is because of our camping trip last week, Bella got under the table treats. on Fromm's she has breakthroughs almost as soon as she was done with her antibiotic treatments.

LOL well..... :poo: does play a huge role in dog food. Even without EPI. You could try to make the poo discussion "Light".... ;)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm not so sure that the food we are on has fixed O's problems. It's helped, but she still has horrible tear stains and her little eyes water non-stop. Last night I was carrying her up to bed and a tear splashed on my arm. She had her eyes closed, but her she was still leaking tears. I'm not sure what my next plan of action will be.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not so sure that the food we are on has fixed O's problems. It's helped, but she still has horrible tear stains and her little eyes water non-stop. Last night I was carrying her up to bed and a tear splashed on my arm. She had her eyes closed, but her she was still leaking tears. I'm not sure what my next plan of action will be.

She could have a major allergy to spring. I wonder if you try giving her benedryl to see if it helps? Do you clean the stains daily with a wipe? I know you have a hard time even catching her to do it!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great suggestion! [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] - I'd love to hear your story and why you chose the raw route.

Would be interesting to hear anyone else here who's preparing their bully's own food, cooked or not. I've seen vids on youtube where someone prepares the food from scratch everyday! That really takes dedication. :up:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
She could have a major allergy to spring. I wonder if you try giving her benedryl to see if it helps? Do you clean the stains daily with a wipe? I know you have a hard time even catching her to do it!

I love that you know us so well. I think I will try the benadryl. I clean her eyes twice daily...and she tries to eat the wipe. :bang:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.