Should I switch food?

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
I am feeding my 1 yo Royal Canine for Bulldogs. She seems to like it, hasn't cut down on gas much but she seems to be fine. Any other dog food I should consider that may be better than royal?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Royal Canin really isn't that great of a food so I would personally consider a switch. There are alot of good foods out there, Nature's Variety Instinct, Nature's Logic and Fromm are all really popular choices among the members here.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I was feeding my dog Royal Canin Bulldog but after reading all the posts about dog allergies I decided to switch to Nature's Variety Instinct Beef and Lamb. I know my Wilson loved those big morsels of RC and I was nervous about switching. I did it real gradual and now he eats it and really likes the taste. Even my other bulldog BabyGirl is developing a taste for it. I can see a difference in Wilson as he no longer throws up and his poops have firmed up. No gas but Wilson has never had much gas to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
How are those brands with the dreaded gas problem? Thanks for the replies, I plan to gradually switch.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is on Nature's Variety Instict Salmon, he RARELY has gas, but when he does get gas occasionally :eek: but I do not think it is from the food, I think is my husband sneaking him snacks that he is not suppose to have!!

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I made the switch to nvi and Samson gas problems are gonnne! We can now sleep in the same room. Snoaring hasn't changed though.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Vegas is on Nature's Variety Instict Salmon, he RARELY has gas, but when he does get gas occasionally :eek: but I do not think it is from the food, I think is my husband sneaking him snacks that he is not suppose to have!!

Oh [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]..I was reading this and TOTALLY thought you were going to say it was your husband having gas and blaming it on poor Vegas!! Lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]..I was reading this and TOTALLY thought you were going to say it was your husband having gas and blaming it on poor Vegas!! Lol

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], No Joe is kind of shy, he would go to the bathroom, it is ME that would, and blame it on Vegas :LMAO:

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 057.jpglucky for me Daphne has not had any gas problems, she just turned 8 months old and I have now switched her to Fromm beef frattiti or something like that, so far so good!

Puckstr33

Apr 21, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
I just starting switching my 11 month old bully off of Science diet puppy formula and onto Taste of the Wild Salmon. I researched different grain free brands. I hope that I made the right call.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi[MENTION=2257]Puckstr33[/MENTION].. From what I read here..getting off science diet is a great thing..and taste of the wild is great food. Hopefully your pup will agree! If not..there are more to try...and smart people ( me..not so much) to guide you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online