cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm wondering when I should taper down to twice a day feedings for Tate. He's almost 3 and 1/2 months old and i currently feed him 3x/day.

Do i decrease to 2x/day meals when he hits a certain age or is this a bully-specific issue that i should ask his vet about?

Thanks for you input!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I cut Truman back to twice a day at 5 months old. It just makes it SO much easier regulate potty time and really accelerate potty training. I know a couple people couldn't believe I was still feeding three times a day at 5 moths so I am sure 3.5-4 months is a good age to reduce the number of feedings.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am struggling with this too. Planned on doing it at 6 months. I just started transitioning Jake to a new food. If all goes well I will cut him to 2 feedings per day.. in a month when he hits 6 months. My problem is I can't seem to increase the amount in his feedings without him getting diahheria. When I take him down to 2 feedings he will need more each feeding. Hopefully his new food will digest better for him. He gets 3/4 cup three times a day. That will have to increase to probably a cup each feeding when we go to twice a day.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We moved Daddy to twice a day almost immediately ... purely because we had to .... there was just nobody home at lunchtime on a regular basis to feed him. He seemed to transition from three times a day, to two times a day with no problem!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.