What to switch Hailey's Food to??

haileysmomma

Jan 10, 2011
VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hailey Sue
HI everyone,
I'm hoping you can provide some insight on what I switch should Hailey's food too?
Hailey is almost almost 6 months old and is almost 30 lbs. She's been on Fromm Gold Nutritionals puppy since we brought her home from the breeder at 8 weeks. She gets 1 c in the morning, 1/2 c at lunch and 1 c. at dinner.

I've noticed lately that she seems to be shedding more, has more eye boogers, and is stinky. I'm thinking I should change her food, but to what?

Also, I'm thinking I'm going to transition to feeding her 2x a day (morning and dinner).

Any help would be appreciated!
thanks!
jen

Last edited by a moderator:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hmmm.... it sounds like she is having some allergy issues possibly. You could try the 4* line of Fromm, it has better ingredients than the puppy formula. I would also recommend Nature's Logic or Nature's Variety Instinct. I just don't see how you could go wrong with choosing any of the three. Many have also had success with Orijen or Taste of the Wild.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hhmmm.....shedding more, eye boogers, stinking?? Sounds VERY familiar!!! I had all of those problems as well, Turned out Vegas had allergies to grains. I did a slow switch to Natures's Variety Instinct Grain/gluten free and he has stoped all of those symptoms, he eats the Salmon. They do make a chicken flavor but he did not do well on the chicken. I think he has a chicken allergy as well. I would definately try a food change. Vegas stunk so bad that my whole house stunk at one time. Within 4-5 weeks after switching food I had none of those problems again. He does get runny eyes but I live in Fl. and it is due to seasonal allergies, our pollen count has been extremely high the last month or so with the fruit trees blooming in my back yard.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Fromm has two foods that are grain/gluten free. The Surf and Turf, and the Beef Frittata. The latter is also chicken free for those that may be allergic to chicken. Unfortunately, no one can tell you exactly what to feed; it is all a matter of trial and error so buy small bags . Fromm will refund you for any of their foods that don't work out for you so make sure you save the bags to return the food in if necessary. I don't work for Fromm; Im just very pleased with the results we have gotten with their foods for HRH. :)

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
I changed to Adult Food at six months and went down to 2 meals a day. Seems to have worked fine for us, I use Orijen.( the chicken version) but I'm thinking of changing to the red meat version, more expensive but I believe it's better for them.

OP
H

haileysmomma

Jan 10, 2011
VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hailey Sue
Thank you all so much! This is sooo helpful and I appreciate it!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.