Thread: Canned Pumpkin for Wilson's tasty snacks

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Canned Pumpkin for Wilson's tasty snacks

I'm trying canned pure pumpkin to hopefully cure Wilson's habit. I have to give it to all my dogs? My senior is almost 13 about 60lbs and Jack is 5 month and 27lbs. Wilson's 16 weeks at 24.7lbs.

How much do I give them, 1tlbs, 2, etc. They love it too. They've had it for two full days now and today it seemed to work. He sniffed his fav. pile and turned away, of course the word "leave it" he knows well.

Thanks all

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Canned Pumpkin for Wilson's tasty snacks

give them each about 2 tbs with each meal make sure it is with every meal so all the is icky . I hope this works. If not I do have some other suggestions. We deal with this a lot at work.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    give them each about 2 tbs with each meal make sure it is with every meal so all the is icky . I hope this works. If not I do have some other suggestions. We deal with this a lot at work.
    I would be interested in hearing some other suggestions. None of mine eat poo but we have only had Gigi a few days so I don't know about her. Lucy did it when she was small but she grew out of it.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, we've been under giving them it. I've been doing it twice a day too for the morning poopers and evening poopers. I'm so hoping he grows out of this.....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully after using the pumpkin for so long they will just learn their poo is no good for snack time. I dont know if this happens for everyone, but after giving samson canned pumpkin for a while it gave him the runs has anyone else experienced this?

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Pumpkin will cause this if they eat too much. It is full of fiber so it really gets things moving so to speak. You can also kind of counter this will a little yogurt or just cut back on the pumpkin.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@GatorRay Some other options to stop poop eating are to make a shake can ( soda can filed with pennies , screws taped closed very well ). Hide so that your pup can't see you , and throw it at them ( not hitting them just near them to scare them) anytime you see them starting to eat poop. You have to watch them every time they go out for a few days, as you have to catch them EVERY TIME .This way they won't associate you with the can. It scares them and makes them stop eating poop. If done right they will think this things comes flying out of nowhere anytime they try and eat poop and will not learn just to eat it even when you aren't around. You can also get a remote spray collar . It sprays citronella with the push of a button on the remote, this is done the same way as the shake can , you have to make them think you aren't watching. There are also more labor intensive training methods but the ones mentioned usually have excellent results and don't take too much time.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Does anybody know if it's safe to give pumpkin to the cat ..... it's his poop that Daddy likes to eat!!!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

no ideas on the cat. Thankfully we havent had to deal with the poo eating, my gosh. Its always something with these pups isnt it?! lol

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

YES! We used pumpkin too long with Jake once and then had the runs to deal with! It's definitely a magic food!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 05-04-2011 at 09:46 AM.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    @GatorRay Some other options to stop poop eating are to make a shake can ( soda can filed with pennies , screws taped closed very well ). Hide so that your pup can't see you , and throw it at them ( not hitting them just near them to scare them) anytime you see them starting to eat poop. You have to watch them every time they go out for a few days, as you have to catch them EVERY TIME .This way they won't associate you with the can. It scares them and makes them stop eating poop. If done right they will think this things comes flying out of nowhere anytime they try and eat poop and will not learn just to eat it even when you aren't around. You can also get a remote spray collar . It sprays citronella with the push of a button on the remote, this is done the same way as the shake can , you have to make them think you aren't watching. There are also more labor intensive training methods but the ones mentioned usually have excellent results and don't take too much time.
    Thank you for the extra tips! You never know when they might come in handy

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mbuxx View Post
    Hopefully after using the pumpkin for so long they will just learn their poo is no good for snack time. I dont know if this happens for everyone, but after giving samson canned pumpkin for a while it gave him the runs has anyone else experienced this?
    yes we can only give Duke pumpkin for a limited amount of time as well? if too long he gets the runs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads