Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Good Luck, finding the right food for Vegas was quite the challenge, but when you finally do the pay-off is so worth it!! His allergies have improved, he does not stink and rarely has gas. But the road to get where we are at was just trial and error.

Thank you!! I am going to switch her slowly.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Okay that is just a wee bit high, I prefer to stay around 30 and under for a growing puppy. There is some discussion on too much protein during the growing stages, but I have never found anything solid to reflect on that theory. Most of what I have found is hearsay, but I also prefer to be safe than sorry. I think if you make sure she gets plenty of exercise to utilize the protein she should be fine, and you can always reduce the kibble by just 1/4 of a cup and add a big spoonful of cottage cheese, and some frozen veggies or fruits (so she does not act like you are starving her!)

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay that is just a wee bit high, I prefer to stay around 30 and under for a growing puppy. There is some discussion on too much protein during the growing stages, but I have never found anything solid to reflect on that theory. Most of what I have found is hearsay, but I also prefer to be safe than sorry. I think if you make sure she gets plenty of exercise to utilize the protein she should be fine, and you can always reduce the kibble by just 1/4 of a cup and add a big spoonful of cottage cheese, and some frozen veggies or fruits (so she does not act like you are starving her!)

Ok, so her suggested serving size is 3 to 5 months, 21 lbs to 50 lbs 1 1/2 to 3 cups per day. So, what do you suggest for her daily diet intake?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
At 4 months I would go with 2.5 cups a day on the kibble portion.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator was on the Wellness puppy and Lucy was on TOTW bison and they both had terrible gas. I put them both on Fromm (pork & applesauce and Beef Frittata) and the gas is virtually gone.

Good luck with your switch! Finding the right food is worth it!

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator was on the Wellness puppy and Lucy was on TOTW bison and they both had terrible gas. I put them both on Fromm (pork & applesauce and Beef Frittata) and the gas is virtually gone.

Good luck with your switch! Finding the right food is worth it!

Thank you. I would love to try the Fromm but it is not sold near by. I like to buy my dogfood in person.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you. I would love to try the Fromm but it is not sold near by. I like to buy my dogfood in person.

I, too, like to buy my dog food in person. lol. I was lucky to find a small store here that carries it. I do have the store order the large bags. I think there are several foods out there that work well for bulldogs, I am sure you will find a good one for you :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.