Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Ok, I did it!! I switched Miss Matilda to a 6 star food. I am trying the Blue- Wilderness. I am actually impressed with the ingredients. My baby girl was starting to get a rash. My only concern is the protien. Isn't too much protien bad for bullies??

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It can be and too much protien can add to any gas problem they may be having. I feed mine Blue Buffalo Lamb and Brown Rice and there isn't too much of a gas problem.

Cool. I will see how this works. If I need to I will try what you are using.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Good luck, hopefully she takes to it well so you wont have to keep switching. No bigger pain than trying to figure out your bully's food needs.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have the boys on TOTW Pacific Stream and there is virtually no gas and their skin and coat are great. And it is only 27% protein. Just my 2 cents.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION]..boy do I feel your pain. I JUST started switching Jake from natural balance to Fromm surf and turf. I am going in super small baby steps. For first day, I literally added 10 pieces of kibble!! Of course..he only gets 3/4 cup. But he immediately got nasty gas!! From 10 pieces..oh boy..today going up to 20 pieces. At this rate..he will have to go on senior food before I finish this transition. Lol..

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION]..boy do I feel your pain. I JUST started switching Jake from natural balance to Fromm surf and turf. I am going in super small baby steps. For first day, I literally added 10 pieces of kibble!! Of course..he only gets 3/4 cup. But he immediately got nasty gas!! From 10 pieces..oh boy..today going up to 20 pieces. At this rate..he will have to go on senior food before I finish this transition. Lol..

Thats funny!! :lol:

mamamia

Apr 5, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
I have been working on switching Snooki and Big Mac to Fromm Beef Fritata. Big Mac is completely switched now.... Snooki will be another week I think. Huge difference in the gas department with Big Mac.
I was feeding Canidae all stages before.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What is the protein in Blue Wilderness? I am concerned about it a bit because Matilda is still growing and too much protein is not good for growing bullies. To help with this tho, you can reduce the amount of kibble and add some veggies in. But I don't want her to lose weight either..... so then add some cottage cheese for fat. Not the 2%. See I can make up a whole new diet with just one kibble! lol

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
GOOD LUCK . Hopefully this will ork out for her. We went through a total no of 4 foods if you count the one Dozer came to us eating. Before we found a food that worked with his stomach.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What is the protein in Blue Wilderness? I am concerned about it a bit because Matilda is still growing and too much protein is not good for growing bullies. To help with this tho, you can reduce the amount of kibble and add some veggies in. But I don't want her to lose weight either..... so then add some cottage cheese for fat. Not the 2%. See I can make up a whole new diet with just one kibble! lol

It says Crude Protien 36.0% min. Any help with her diet would be great.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Finished switching Wilson from Royal Canin Bulldog to Nature's Variety Instinct Beef and Lamb. All seems to be well. Nice firm :poo:'s now. He use to throw up every now and then and that seems to have stopped.

BabyGirl is taking longer to warm up. She still prefers her Wellness Core. She will sneak a bite or two of the NVI but hasn't made the jump. My Frenchton Louie nibbles at both but prefers freshly boiled chicken.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Good Luck, finding the right food for Vegas was quite the challenge, but when you finally do the pay-off is so worth it!! His allergies have improved, he does not stink and rarely has gas. But the road to get where we are at was just trial and error.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.