Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will this pass?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Angelica (aka JELLY)
    Likes (Received)

Default will this pass?

On the advice of the Vet, I'm in the process of switching Jelly to Wellness whitefish and sweet potato food...this is day 2 and she has so much .... gas .... seriously it's hard to be in the same room with her.
    Is this just her digestive tract getting used to the new diet? Will this pass? ...no pun intended.
    Cindy

https://www.facebook.com/caconiam

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: will this pass?

Alot of pups get an upset stomach when you change their food so it may pass. Make sure you are doing the switch slowly, that will help reduce the gas, any loose stools. BUT I have heard alot of members here say they had alot of issues with gas and loose stool when their pups were on Wellness so maybe it won't pass??????? Since it has only been 2 days I would say that isn't long enough to know so wait it out for a bit.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Angelica (aka JELLY)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    Alot of pups get an upset stomach when you change their food so it may pass. Make sure you are doing the switch slowly, that will help reduce the gas, any loose stools. BUT I have heard alot of members here say they had alot of issues with gas and loose stool when their pups were on Wellness so maybe it won't pass??????? Since it has only been 2 days I would say that isn't long enough to know so wait it out for a bit.
    Great...glad I bought a small bag. I may be mixing too much of the new food with the old, I'll cut back tomorrow and go more slowly. I have high hopes for this food!
    Thanks for the info!
    Cindy

-daphne-587-jpgI just switched Daphne's food to Wellness and she is having all those same symptoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe it is the food but it usually takes a couple weeks or longer to know how they take to the new food. Yes switch slowly. At first 1 part new to like 3 parts old for a couple days then step it up to half and half and so on. Some pups have stronger stomachs than others. I usually find myself over excited to start their new food early so my boys always get a LONG transition time which works out well for them I think too. haha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Angelica (aka JELLY)
    Likes (Received)

I am very hopeful that Wellness will take care of the allergy issues we are dealing with...licking paws, gunk in her eyes, and shedding. The Vet recommended this food. I really think that I was giving her too much of the new food in her old food, (I too Cali-Jean am anxious to see if the new food well solve our problems) today I'm cutting back to 3/4 old and 1/4 new. Besides the gas, she had loose stools. We'll see how it goes today. She hasn't eaten yet, she's a slow starter in the morning... actually she's ALWAYS a slow starter! HA! Hang in there with Daphne, hopefully this gassy problem will work itself out. I'll give it a month before I surrender.
    There is one other thing that I wonder about...if you don't know my "backstory" Jelly came to me from my daughter in Nov. '10...she was transferred to ATL and we all felt she'd be better off here. (West coast of Florida) I've never had a dog before, so this question will sound strange I'm sure. I probably need to ask this on another board and I'll probably do that...but I'll throw it out here too.
    WHAT do you do with the poop? Is it ok to put it in the trash to be taken to the landfill? And doesn't that make your garbage can reek? Sorry for that question so early in the AM!
    Good day to everyone!
    Cindy

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by love jelly View Post
    I am very hopeful that Wellness will take care of the allergy issues we are dealing with...licking paws, gunk in her eyes, and shedding. The Vet recommended this food. I really think that I was giving her too much of the new food in her old food, (I too Cali-Jean am anxious to see if the new food well solve our problems) today I'm cutting back to 3/4 old and 1/4 new. Besides the gas, she had loose stools. We'll see how it goes today. She hasn't eaten yet, she's a slow starter in the morning... actually she's ALWAYS a slow starter! HA! Hang in there with Daphne, hopefully this gassy problem will work itself out. I'll give it a month before I surrender.
    There is one other thing that I wonder about...if you don't know my "backstory" Jelly came to me from my daughter in Nov. '10...she was transferred to ATL and we all felt she'd be better off here. (West coast of Florida) I've never had a dog before, so this question will sound strange I'm sure. I probably need to ask this on another board and I'll probably do that...but I'll throw it out here too.
    WHAT do you do with the poop? Is it ok to put it in the trash to be taken to the landfill? And doesn't that make your garbage can reek? Sorry for that question so early in the AM!
    Good day to everyone!
    I think you are on the right track now with the 3/4old to 1/4 new for a few days before going to 1/2 of each for a few followed by 1/4 old to 3/4 new.
    About poop disposal.... this is the first dog I have had as well and we are scooping it up in a plastic grocery bag and putting it in the garbage. There is a barrel Ive seen for sale that you bury in the ground and put the poop in there and it decomposes. I have no idea how well it works (or stinks) the that is another option. Maybe some others will have some ideas on this.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    I think you are on the right track now with the 3/4old to 1/4 new for a few days before going to 1/2 of each for a few followed by 1/4 old to 3/4 new.
    About poop disposal.... this is the first dog I have had as well and we are scooping it up in a plastic grocery bag and putting it in the garbage. There is a barrel Ive seen for sale that you bury in the ground and put the poop in there and it decomposes. I have no idea how well it works (or stinks) the that is another option. Maybe some others will have some ideas on this.
    @BruceP...wow..it's like 630 am here in California..and once again I am thinking of poo before breakfast!! Lol..we had one of those in ground disposal systems that decomposes. It does work! Think it was called doggie doolie or something close to that! You do have to add an additive once in awhile..no biggie. It was already installed in a previous house's yard..never replaced when we moved. Now..I hope this has NOT been the highlite of my day!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We put ours in bags and put in the wastecan. With stinky diapers in the mix, it is smelly anyway. I am interested in this waste thingy tho, is it something you can buy and install?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    We put ours in bags and put in the wastecan. With stinky diapers in the mix, it is smelly anyway. I am interested in this waste thingy tho, is it something you can buy and install?
    Hi @desertskybulldogs..yes..it's called doggie Dooley..not very expensive..works like a leech field. I have seen them online and like I said..we inherited one in a home we had..we had 2 dobies and it worked fine! I don't really know why we never replaced it at new house..bet you can find info online..

-daphne-027-jpgOMG Daphne pooped so much today it's just insane!!!!!!!!!! we put it in a plastic bag and then in the garbage can

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    -daphne-027-jpgOMG Daphne pooped so much today it's just insane!!!!!!!!!! we put it in a plastic bag and then in the garbage can
    @Daphne..lol..well..I do see where you ARE a pooper scooper !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads