Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: will this pass?

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: will this pass?

Hi~
    I agree with the process of switching. I am also a LONG transition person. I take at least a week to switch. 2 feedings a day and each feeding is about 10% more of one and 10% less (90/10, 80/20,70/30, 60/40, 50/50,40/60, etc). As has been posted it is also very imporant to look at the poo closely (not to close...) and watch for the condition. After you have switched over, it might still take up to 2-3 weeks to have the GI adjust to the new food. Check out the other the other forums and look at the complete list of dog food listing and grading that has been posted.
    Because each Bullie is different, you will have to find out what works for YOUR dog. Many EBD are sensitive to chicken and grain products, but not all.
    You might also consider adding green beans, carrots, low fat yogurt or cottage cheese to add more fiber and culture.
    Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Bulldog(s) Names
    Angelica (aka JELLY)
    Likes (Received)

She did way better today...no runny stool and no gas! I def. was stingy with the new food, no more than 1/4 cup of the new food with 3/4 old food. So I think we're on the right track. I do add a little more than a teaspoon of plain yogurt to her food. She seemed to be doing really well on the chicken and rice and then all of a sudden she started with the eye boogers. The vet said she had probably developed an allergy to the chicken and rice, hence the whitefish and sweet potato.
    I'll check out the doggie dooly on amazon, that sounds like it would work. My daugher also suggested getting a diaper genie from a consignment shop...just put the poopy in a plastic bag and put it in the genie...I just don't want to deal with the smell when it has to be emptied in the trash, and it will need to be emptied at some point! I need to do something...I know my lawn guy is not appreciating the land mines all over the lawn...

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions...

I'm also going to post this question (about the doggie dooley) on another board to see if anyone else has had any experience with it....they do have it on amazon. Several different styles, right around $50 (avg.)
    Last edited by love jelly; 04-28-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: one more thought
    Cindy

https://www.facebook.com/caconiam

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

We have a lot of clay instead of soil here. When reading up on the doggie dooley it said it might not work very well in clay soil, that's the main reason we didn't get one. We'd have to dig such a huge hole and replace with dirt that isn't clay that it would be cost.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I saw a show about setting up a worm bin using dog poo. The by-product is rich, non-smelly, compost for garden and plants. I'm seriously thinking about giving this a shot.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Angelica (aka JELLY)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Telly03 View Post
    I saw a show about setting up a worm bin using dog poo. The by-product is rich, non-smelly, compost for garden and plants. I'm seriously thinking about giving this a shot.
    VERY interesting...I guess I can find info if I google that? I posted the question about the doggy dooley on another board (I'm new, can't remember which one)
    but I get email notices of responses. I've only had two, so I guess there aren't too many people who are using this method.
    Cindy

https://www.facebook.com/caconiam

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@love jelly Here is a site with some kits I was looking at Worm Bins I have also read that it does not work well to mix other organics with poo... just poo.

Here is a home-made option:

Kelly Slocum (worm queen extraordinaire) says to get a rubbermaid kitchen garbage can (doesn't matter, as long as the lid fits tight), cut the bottom off and bury it about 2 feet in the ground in an out of the way part of your yard.
    Put in some garden soil, hay or straw, some compost, and then add the poop. As you add poop, make sure you add dead leaves or straw to balance the mix. The worms will come!
    Just make sure you do NOT use the byproduct on any edible plants (no matter how black and rich it is!).

To add to this home-made method, from what I learned from the TV show, adding anything to the poo is not necessary, but you should keep a cover of newspaper over the poo and keep moist.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I put it in plastic grocery bags and then in the trash can in the garage. It actually doesn't stink the place up but don't know about having TWO dogs's poop out there in the summer....might get stinky. lol

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

ohhhh....stinky poo.
    Cow manure is bad enough but not nearly as bad.
    Not for me, pass, thank you. No
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads