Now that Samson is a bit older...

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I was just curious. Usually Samson gets fed a little under 2/3 cup 3 times a day. I was just wondering, now that he is a bit older (6 months) should he be only fed twice a day or does he still need 3 feedings a day. He doesn't seem to be gaining he weight like I'd like him too he's currently 31 pounds but he is.VERY energetic. Any input is appreciated !

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
OMG...I was going to ask this exact same question!! You go boy!!Jake gets 3/4 cup 3x a day ..I was thinking at 6 months I would go to 1 cup twice a day. Most of jakes brothers are already down to 2 feedings a day..I will pay close attention to your thread..guess great minds think alike!!
FYI..Jake weighs 27 lbs and has slowed down too..he will be 5 months next week

Last edited:
OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
haha yes, i guess i waited a little late to ask. Honestly, i have noticed since the switch to NVI too that samson is a FIRECRACKER...hes just crazy, full of energy. Sometimes just before bed he runs around in our room like a crazy man then passes out all night lol. But yes i was thinking the same thing about 1 cup twice a day. i wonder if it will give him the runs going from 2/3 to 1 cup servings.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
ps: i think samson was actually the same weight so maybe hes not underweight... i just always dreamed of that beasty bulldog lol.... oh well, he is what he is and i love him!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION]..if I were you I would increase the quantity slowly. Jake gets the runs each time I increase the amount he gets. He will be a fine size..they fill out for 2 years! In fact, I am pretty sure that's when they fill out their chest and stuff..when are you getting him neutered?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I dropped down to 1.5 cups 2X's a day at about, 4 or 5 months instead of spreading it out over three servings. Gator was 45lbs at the 6 month mark. As someone said in another post, this is about the age they are "leggy" and not as wide. Several people mentioned that at about a year to year and a half they bulk up more and get wider. Apparently they continue to grow until 2 years? So, I would suppose he will get bulkier as he gets older :). He looks great to me in the picture.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] yeah thats a good idea. i was thinking aroud 8 months. [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] okay im going to try and slowly get there. I dont want him to be over weight, just a wee bit thicker :) and i dont think 3 meals is necessary their whole life.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We had to change Wilson's feeding at 3 months from 3x a day to 2x a day when we got Jack. We did this gradually over the course of a few days and he's adjusted fantastic to this schedule! He's 15 weeks (4 months this coming Sat.) and today he weighed in at 22.5.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
How do youbgradually change it? Like do you mean slowly make first and last meal a little bigger and bigger while making middle meal smaller?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
How do youbgradually change it? Like do you mean slowly make first and last meal a little bigger and bigger while making middle meal smaller?

Hi[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION]..yes that what I am doing..he gets 3/4 cup 3 x a day..want to end up with 1 cup twice a day..I am taking a little bit out of middle feeding ..like this week go to 2/3 cup for few days..then 1/2 cup for a week..then the third or fourth week..just skip lunch. While decreasing his lunch..I will increase his breakfast and dinner the amount I decreased. I have to wait til I get his new food. I think I will do food change first and then when it's safe, get off midday meal. But you know what they say about "the best laid plans"..lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online