help from those who switched to NVI..please

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok now im confused. the yeast site says to not use the instinct because of the tapioca and others here have said its ok to use with yeast and now you say no potatoes or tapioca also. Im in the process of switching her over to it and now im not so sure. This site recommends the food on their 5 recommended list even for yeast. So is it ok or not? The lady at my food store says to try it with yeast to. Gosh maybe ill just do raw its ok for yeast lol. Someone help me lol.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
ok now im confused. the yeast site says to not use the instinct because of the tapioca and others here have said its ok to use with yeast and now you say no potatoes or tapioca also. Im in the process of switching her over to it and now im not so sure. This site recommends the food on their 5 recommended list even for yeast. So is it ok or not? The lady at my food store says to try it with yeast to. Gosh maybe ill just do raw its ok for yeast lol. Someone help me lol.

Oh dear..[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]..you should pm [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]..she will help you. I'm a food idiot so I can't. Don't panic. I found the more I read the more confused I got. Ask her..

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy

I am sorry if I confused you-- I am not saying not to try the instinct. I think it is a great place to start. See how the pup does-- others have had great success here with that food. I apologize--I thought that I read that tapioca is on the list of foods to avoid--but since I have not had a big problem with yeast--I really should not have made that comment. I do a lot of reading on boards and magazines and I thought tapioca was a no no--but I am no expert.

I will say that the other things I mentioned in my previous post are all things that have worked for us. The diary, washing bedding, wiping down and drying after time spent outside.

Again--my apologies. I hope whatever food you choose works well for your furry friend!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
no worries its ok ive been confused since I got her lol. Actually I have 5 pets 2 cats and 3 dogs and they all have allergies and their own special problems so Ive been through enough food brands lol. Im going to try the Instinct its been recommended on here by several people and the nutricionist at the store i go to says to try it and if it doesnt work then off to the next food. Im hoping the key is the more protein in it the less carbs. Maybe ill try raw next. I know you were just trying to help and i appreciate the advise very much. Im all new to this yeast stuff to so im learning whats good and not good through trial and error.

Last edited:
OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
ha ha I think I have been confused also since I got Duke.. the info Lucysmum gave about the diary an especially wiping their paws down etc is excellent ( completely forgot to put that in my original post ) If I don't wipe down Duke when he comes back from the park he will spin for hours! ha ha :bang:

as for instinct I have no idea.. I read Dukes NVI instinct and he is on the beef flavor and it does not have any tapioca in it.. Maybe it is certain flavors? I have to say his coat has never felt better it is smooth as silk ( been almost a month now since we switched ).. and his face is very clear..but I also agree that every Bully is different and you really have to find what works best for yours..

allergies are really a pain!! :angry:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]..HI...so good to hear Duke is doing so well..I am just starting jakes transition..2nd day..up to 15 pieces..tiny pieces they are too..wow..slow and steady. I am highly allergic to dog diaherria!! ;) hope he does as well as Duke!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.