Fish mix?

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
So my guy is allergic to pretty much every protein..so i put him on purina pro plan ha diet(hydrolyzed protein). I dont like it he seems lethargic. I wanna put him back on zignature and noticed they have multiple fish flavors and goat. Goat is not listed on allergy report so idk if its such an uncommon protein that they dont test for it or if goat is ok. As for the fish, “fish mix” is listed as an allergy…now does that mean all kinds of fish? I see zignature has catfish, whitefish, etc. thanks for any feed back.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So my guy is allergic to pretty much every protein..so i put him on purina pro plan ha diet(hydrolyzed protein). I dont like it he seems lethargic. I wanna put him back on zignature and noticed they have multiple fish flavors and goat. Goat is not listed on allergy report so idk if its such an uncommon protein that they dont test for it or if goat is ok. As for the fish, “fish mix” is listed as an allergy…now does that mean all kinds of fish? I see zignature has catfish, whitefish, etc. thanks for any feed back.

Only way to know is try them. Try asking the pet shop you buy your kibbles from if you can return the bag if there’s an allergy. I e seen places do it here in Canada. Or buy a small bag to test. Have you tried wild caught frozen fish? My 2 gets it as a noon snack but much easier as it’s not mix. I but sardines or smelts or mackerel etc..

OP
E

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Thanks for the reply…I think i may try a small bag of the zignature goat. Wonder if the fish oil omega 3 pill i give to him each morning could trigger a fish allergy?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks for the reply…I think i may try a small bag of the zignature goat. Wonder if the fish oil omega 3 pill i give to him each morning could trigger a fish allergy?

I personally don’t give any capsules to my dogs. Not all human capsules are digestible for dogs n often oils rancid in capsules, then you need to research who makes them where they’re from etc etc. Thats my personal input with capsules. If you want to give oil to your dog, simply use extra virgin olive oil. A quality one! Mix it in the kibbles. Like a teaspoon to start n up it later to a tablespoon every other day. Way healthier n cheaper too. If I want to up the fish as in oil, I’ll use cod liver oil…

FISH OIL AND OMEGA-3, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Fish oil is an oil that is produced by the fish’s fat and tissues and contains Omega-3 fatty acids such as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). However, the fish does not produce those itself but acquires it through its diet by feeding on other fish and microalgae.

OP
E

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Ok got it ill try the extra virgin olive oil.. buying small bag of goat to start elimination diet

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok got it ill try the extra virgin olive oil.. buying small bag of goat to start elimination diet

I would go this route too... limit everything so you can figure out the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online