Dog Food Advice.....

stephsbullys

Sep 29, 2010
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank, Dixie, Bristol and Bubba Jay
I currently feed my bullies Blue Buffalo dry dog food because I had thought it was one of the best foods for them. After joining this site I see that there are some foods that are much better and could possibly help with some of the problems that I am having with at least one of my babies. Tank continually gets yeast overgrowth in his ears, around his tail and between his toes. I clean his tail and ears daily, but it is still a problem. I have seen some people recommend Nature's Variety and others Fromm. I have 4 bullies and Tank is the only one that seems to have allergies, all of the others do well with the Blue Buffalo and have no other known skin/eye issues. I would like opinions/recommendations on which food you think would work best for Tank's situation. Thanks so much....I love this site and all of the information that I have been able to get here!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I personally love Fromm, so I'm obviously going to recommend you try that first. It may or not be right for Tank but I think many on here have had a lot of success with it.

They do all kind of different flavours/protein sources ... and also two grain-free flavours. I would start with the normal 4* range if you decide to go ahead and try the Fromm. It will take a while for the good food to enter his system so don't expect overnight changes. Also, when you transition Tank from one food to another do so very slowly. I always take a good 10-14 days to complete it because every three days I gradually increased the fromm and reduced the :poo: food I had Maggie on before I knew better!!!

Don't worry if you can't find somebody who stocks fromm (or whatever food you decide to try first) because there is a company called Petflow who will deliver to you for free of charge as long as your order is over $59, and you set up a delivery schedule with them. You just use the coupon code ENGLISHBULLDOG.

I hope that helps, but if you have any questions just keep asking them.

One thing I have learnt is that good nutrition is probably the most important thing you can do for your bulldog and could save you many many many $$$$s in the future. So most people will spend a lot of time making sure that the food they choose is a good one, and will always be on here asking questions.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=1275]stephsbullys[/MENTION]..after you have narrowed down or if you just want some extra information, I just posted a post on here about a website I was referred to. It is called dogfoodadvisor..it is great in explaining the differences and what different ingredients mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=1275]stephsbullys[/MENTION] Since you are having an issue with yeast I would HIGHLY recommend Natures Variety Instinct. Fromm is a really good food but it has potatoes in it. Potatoes can aid in the growth of yeast. I was having an issue with Samson and ear infections, one of the causes of ear infections being yeast. Well he has to be on a grain free food because of his allergies but most of the grain free foods on the market have potatoes. Natures Variety Instinct is grain and potato free. It was amazing, Samson had back to back ear infections for 6 months and as soon as I switched to Natures Variety Instinct they totally cleared up and he hasn't had an ear infection since we swtiched which is about 5 months now. I know some other members here, [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] and [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] have had alot of luck as well getting yeast issues under control by switching their bullies to NVI.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I 100% agree with [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], Vegas was extemely yeasty and had a horriable ear infection and most of all STUNK. I did the switch to Nature's Variety Instinct which is grain and gluten free and he has not had an ear infection for over a year now. Potatoes do promote yeast. Both foods are excellent choices but for us NVI did wonders for Vegas. Look at the home page under dog food change I have a story and pictures of Vegas before I switched him to NVI and after, huge yeast difference in his face and body.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
P.S. the article is under Dog Food Testimonials on the home page

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.