Dog Food Ratings & Recommended Dog food choices

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
We have a page here at English Bulldog News with dog food ratings. These ratings are based upon ALL DOG BREEDS. So is a 6 star food better than a 4 star food? Maybe not for a bulldog. 6 star foods contain a lot of protein which is not good for non-active dogs. So now, we want your help in giving advice for our future dog food changers. We would like you to put your recommendations here on this thread, and we are going to provide a link to this thread on the "Dog Food Ratings" page at English Bulldog News.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reggie

Jul 16, 2010
Stopsley, Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Bulldog(s) Names
REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
I changed from Pro-plan Puppy which Reggie was on from the breeder when he came to me. The breeder recommended the BARF diet but I don't have a freezer big enough so changed to Royal Canin Bulldog as advised by the vet. My dog trainer then suggested I changed him from this Burns hypoallergenic (probably because Reg was over friendly perceived as bolshy in puppy class). I did my research and found ORIJEN a dry complete BARF diet from Canada. I switched to this. The the Your Dog magazines resident homeopathic vet ran an article recommending ORIJEN if you couldn't do the BARF and that cemented my views. Reggie is a very healthy looking Bulldog, bright eyes, good coat etc. He does moult all the time though. Hope this helps.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
For bullies with allergies, I recommend Fromm GRAIN FREE Surf and Turf.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bought a bag today! Going to see what happens!

Jesse looks amazing on it. I am going to keep Molly and Mandy on Avoderm since they LOVE it and look great- but I am in process of switching Yuna and Tidus to Fromm now too.

Tidus and all his wrinkles--- I have a feeling he is going to be a bully who will require extra TLC! He's got a major case of Turkey Neck!!! LOL

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He has gotten a bit red faced since the whole eye thing- and boogery eyes. So taht is why I am switching too- maybe something in the avoderm is not agreeing with him. ???

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Has anyone tried Blue Buffalo? That is what I have my yorkies on which two is a breed known for Allergies so when we brought Memphis hm on Saturday I went and bought BB puppy... Any advice is welcome..

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=2159]Bekah Bardwell[/MENTION] Blue buffalo is a pretty good food. Here are some really good foods for bullys in particular and all are real popular choices for bully owners here on EBN. Fromm and Natures Variety Instinct are my favorites on the list, I like Natural Balance as well but it isn't on that page.

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
@Bekah Bardwell Blue buffalo is a pretty good food. Here are some really good foods for bullys in particular and all are real popular choices for bully owners here on EBN. Fromm and Natures Variety Instinct are my favorites on the list, I like Natural Balance as well but it isn't on that page.

:up: TY so much! I will definately give those a try... Where is a good place to purchase Fromm?

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
i just put my sammy on natural choice chicken meal rice and oatmeal blend do u think thats a good food for him im new at all this had him on royal canin but herd alot about natural choice so i switched him slowly?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well personally i dont think much of nutro natural choice if thats what food you are referring to. i dont think much of nutro at all but if you must feed it the nutro ultra is the only one id even consider. I would feed natural balance over nutro but its a personal choice and ive heard of bullys doing great on this food. it can sometimes be daunting finding a food to feed your bully so if this works for you then great but there are better foods out there.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.