Dog Food Ratings & Recommended Dog food choices

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I feed Sarge Blue Buffalo Wilderness, he likes it and his poop is nice and firm. Its grain free and easy to buy, I like Fromm but ya gotta order it.

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
what's a good food brand for weight loss, we were told Gator was a lil overweight, but i'm not sure if he is or not... His current weight is 56.4lbs

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Ok my 4 year old ole english has been farting alot. He has always had gas (of course) but recently it has been really bad. He's eating great and drinking plenty of water. I would like to know what kind of food I could switch to. I have read alot about Blue Buffalo, Royal Canine etc. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
View attachment 20509View attachment 20508

I had Louie and Bongo on royal canine quickly took them off that and on to wellness still not good poops then went to Orijen great food but still not good poop and a lot of farting and a lot of pooping. Now we're on Fromm beef frittata and there doing awesome small really firm poops less of them which tells me their body is wasting less and farting is almost gone. Love it even though Fromm is a little harder to find in B. C Canada.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5hvgz4
Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
what's a good food brand for weight loss, we were told Gator was a lil overweight, but i'm not sure if he is or not... His current weight is 56.4lbs

There is two ways without having to change foods. There is Vegas stew which helped [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Vegas lose a lot if weight and then the green bean diet. Replace 1/4 c of kibble with a half cup of green beans (I used frozen) they have 0 calories and no sugar. The weight fell off Mandy this way. Then they feel full without the added fat, sugar and calories with either of these. Keep us posted on how it works for you if you try!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin has allergies so he get blue buffalo basics turkey & potato grain free I love it an so does he its been a couple of day an he looks so much better no red face he's not itchy anymore its wonderful I love it

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
This may have been addressed but I didn't catch it in my laziness and skimming through, but how up to date is the dog food ratings list? I noticed it says 2010, so I was just curious.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This may have been addressed but I didn't catch it in my laziness and skimming through, but how up to date is the dog food ratings list? I noticed it says 2010, so I was just curious.

It is currently being worked on... however, the mods assigned to monitor and add remove as necessary.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i am working on it and it gets updated as i do this. anything in perticular you wanted to know or was it just a general question.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
i am working on it and it gets updated as i do this. anything in perticular you wanted to know or was it just a general question.

Nothing particular. Just a general question. Thanks for working on getting it updated though!:2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Nothing particular. Just a general question. Thanks for working on getting it updated though!:2thumbs:

The initial list was done in April 2010 it is getting changed and updated as we go since.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Does anyone know how easy to digest Nature's variety instinct dry food compared to Fromm's grain free surf & turf dry food is? We currently feed Kaida the Fromm 4 star nutritionals grain free surf & turf & beef fritatta - but it's a very hard dense kibble. I'd like to try to prevent further digestive problems (finding something easier to digest) by finding another source. Has anyone used the Fromm in both the dry kibble and canned varieties? Or just the canned? I'm wondering if it would help her digest the food easier and if someone is using both canned and dry - what is the ratio used?

Thanks!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Does anyone know how easy to digest Nature's variety instinct dry food compared to Fromm's grain free surf & turf dry food is? We currently feed Kaida the Fromm 4 star nutritionals grain free surf & turf & beef fritatta - but it's a very hard dense kibble. I'd like to try to prevent further digestive problems (finding something easier to digest) by finding another source. Has anyone used the Fromm in both the dry kibble and canned varieties? Or just the canned? I'm wondering if it would help her digest the food easier and if someone is using both canned and dry - what is the ratio used?

Thanks!!

Have you tried adding a bit of water to the Fromm? That is what we do.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Why does Nature's Logic dry rate 6 stars and Nature's Logic canned only 4?
well i dont rate canned foods here so not sure what your referring to. natures logic is a great food with very good ingredients made by a good company.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow

Thanks!!
yea you could add some water or use the canned with the dry. ive used the fromm canned and it is great food. natures logic should be easy to digest but not sure how the kibble looks as ive not used it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.