Dog Food Ratings & Recommended Dog food choices

SargeNLucysMum

Jan 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargent Pepper and Lucy In The sky with diamonds
Hi ...thanks for all the info. After doing all my research I need to get my two off Royal Canin Bulldog. Are all grain free foods better than Royal Canin? We have a petsmart close by and they have the following Grain Free food brands; Blue Buffalo, natural choice, Wellness, innova and avoderm. Which would be best for a little one prone to yeast infections or are these all better than the Royal Canin? :help: Going to go out later and start switching tonight? Also anyone know if yeast infections can be linked to the occasional throwing up bile (yellowish whiteish slime)??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi ...thanks for all the info. After doing all my research I need to get my two off Royal Canin Bulldog. Are all grain free foods better than Royal Canin? We have a petsmart close by and they have the following Grain Free food brands; Blue Buffalo, natural choice, Wellness, innova and avoderm. Which would be best for a little one prone to yeast infections or are these all better than the Royal Canin? :help: Going to go out later and start switching tonight? Also anyone know if yeast infections can be linked to the occasional throwing up bile (yellowish whiteish slime)??

Hi there --- welcome to the site! [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can help with the food question, but an of those are better than RC :barf: My girl has yeast issues to... getting on grain free diet will help, but you also want to try to avoid potatoes, the starch adds to the yeast issues.

The bile.... :hmm: I'm thinking could be allergy related --- when does this happen?

SargeNLucysMum

Jan 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi there --- welcome to the site! @cowsmom can help with the food question, but an of those are better than RC :barf: My girl has yeast issues to... getting on grain free diet will help, but you also want to try to avoid potatoes, the starch adds to the yeast issues.

The bile.... :hmm: I'm thinking could be allergy related --- when does this happen?

Thanks .... I can't see a pattern with the bile. It happened today and a few weeks ago, a couple of tablespoons when it happens. I've read that it could be due an empty tummy ( he hadn't eatten today before it happened).

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks .... I can't see a pattern with the bile. It happened today and a few weeks ago, a couple of tablespoons when it happens. I've read that it could be due an empty tummy ( he hadn't eatten today before it happened).

That will do it.... empty belly and dogs does not mix well. BTW - I love the pups names.....

SargeNLucysMum

Jan 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, I'm from Liverpool transplanted here in FL so I had to go with something to do with the Beatles :) good news is i picked up some innova grain free tonight and they loved the little bit I mixed with there normal dinner. Thank goodness for this site or I never would of connected the dots. :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, I'm from Liverpool transplanted here in FL so I had to go with something to do with the Beatles :) good news is i picked up some innova grain free tonight and they loved the little bit I mixed with there normal dinner. Thank goodness for this site or I never would of connected the dots. :)

You think you like us now.... wait till you get addicted to us ;)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)

I was so happy I found this site! Now bahahah I cant get off ! Glad all is working out !! Post some pics of those 2 precious babies

birdie1975

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chilli
Ok my 4 year old ole english has been farting alot. He has always had gas (of course) but recently it has been really bad. He's eating great and drinking plenty of water. I would like to know what kind of food I could switch to. I have read alot about Blue Buffalo, Royal Canine etc. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
cspedmall3.jpgIMG_1366_1.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Beautiful bully! You could try a grain free, like Fromm...natures variety instinct....earthborn...

You can get them at petflow use coupon code englishbulldog for free shipping over $49

Remember to switch foods slowly... The gas will probably get worse during the switch, so be prepared. But grain free seems to give off less gas :)

What are you currently feeding?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ok my 4 year old ole english has been farting alot. He has always had gas (of course) but recently it has been really bad. He's eating great and drinking plenty of water. I would like to know what kind of food I could switch to. I have read alot about Blue Buffalo, Royal Canine etc. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
View attachment 20509View attachment 20508
I fed Blue Buffalo for about the first 13 months for Wilson and Jack (my non bully). Emma was on From Gold Puppy when we got her (great food too btw). Not only did Wilson have very bad room clearing gas (I’m talking rotten egg stink bombs), Emma also had gas. Wilson did ok on Blue Buffalo but for a full year he had bad watery eyes and tear stains. When the discussions of the Earthborn Holistic lines of food were being discussed here, I finally decided to switch his food again. Earthborn is a "grain free" food and most of Blue Buffalo is not. BB just came out with a grain free version but it’s protein is chicken and Wilson allergic to Chicken. I started making the transition about 6 weeks ago, give or take, for all three of my guys and not only did Wilson’s eyes dry up for the first time in over a year but they’re GAS has all but disappeared. Sure they let off a little stinky still but nothing compared to what they were doing before, nothing! My advice is to get your handsome guy swapped over to a quality grain free food.

Oh, Wilson and Emma are on the Earthborn Holistic ‘Meadow Feast’ and Jack is on the "Great Plains." Meadow Feast is Lamb based and has a 26% protein and Great Plains is Bison based with a 36% protein which Jack needs. They all doing GREAT! :up:

Hope that helps. :D

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
Ok..my 8 week old puppy has been on Fromm Puppy Gold and still has runny poop. I had a stool sample done and it was negative. She has been wormed once already, but could the food be what is making it like gravy?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok..my 8 week old puppy has been on Fromm Puppy Gold and still has runny poop. I had a stool sample done and it was negative. She has been wormed once already, but could the food be what is making it like gravy?

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

How much are you feeding her? I always had trouble with Jakes poo getting soft if I tried o increase his amount. But..to answer your question..yes..food can and does cause this. Hang on [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] will be here and give you advice!

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
The bag says 6-11weeks feed minimum of 1 1/4 c daily, and a maximum of 1 1/2c daily. I am feed ther 1 1/4c daily and even went down to 1/3 c 3x's a day. She STILL has "steak sauce" poop.:/ I just don't understand???? What am I doing incorrectly?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is it soaked in water still or dry kibble?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.