Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 32

Thread: FROMM serving size suggestion

  1. #13
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,361
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    I always say also to adjust accordingly. For Tidus I still give him a bit extra, and Mandy will vary. If she is looking perfect, I up her. If she is starting to get that look where she is gaining, I lower it. So if pup does not look 'rotund'.... give a bit more. Puppies from the age of 3-6 months should still have that toddler body fat, and then they start growing up and losing weight. At the age of 6 mos to one you should have a lean long leg bully who is not very broad. Then they start filling in sideways. Once they are two is when you really need to start watching their weight.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  2. #14
    I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    GatorRay's Avatar
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,472
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Thank you! Gator is for sure in that "leggy" stage and he is 7 months tomorrow. He just always seems hungry (as does Lucy) but I know that is normal for both breeds. I just wanted to make sure I could be confident that he was just being greedy and not starving. lol

    Thank you for the tip for Lucy. I am sure she will appreciate it when she is slimmer and feeling better

  3. #15
    Pooper scooper Katie9449's Avatar
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    43
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel Tank
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    I have Diesel who is 2.5 years old...he looks great and weighs 50lbs. I used to feed him California Naturals Low Fat Lamb/Rice...bad I just learned! However, I have begun to switch him to Fromm Surf and Turf. Would you think a cup a twice a day would be a good amount or is that too little?

    Also, I am about to get a new little girl bully baby. Should I start her on Fromm as well?

  4. #16
    I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    GatorRay's Avatar
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,472
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie9449 View Post
    I have Diesel who is 2.5 years old...he looks great and weighs 50lbs. I used to feed him California Naturals Low Fat Lamb/Rice...bad I just learned! However, I have begun to switch him to Fromm Surf and Turf. Would you think a cup a twice a day would be a good amount or is that too little?

    Also, I am about to get a new little girl bully baby. Should I start her on Fromm as well?

    I think a cup to a cup and a half twice a day for Diesel would be ok. I started my new little girl on Fromm and I am putting 1 cup three times a day down. BUT if she finishes it and is sniffing for more, I will put more. I think when they are small puppies they should eat what they want. Puppies will rarely over eat (not to say ALL won't but most do not) and they will eat what they need that day. If they have a growth spurt, they will eat more. It even says on the bag that puppies may eat 2 to 4 times the amount recommended. My new girl is 15 weeks. I will probably continue with three times a day for her until she is around 5 or 6 months, then drop her to twice a day. HTH!

  5. #17
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I always say also to adjust accordingly. For Tidus I still give him a bit extra, and Mandy will vary. If she is looking perfect, I up her. If she is starting to get that look where she is gaining, I lower it. So if pup does not look 'rotund'.... give a bit more. Puppies from the age of 3-6 months should still have that toddler body fat, and then they start growing up and losing weight. At the age of 6 mos to one you should have a lean long leg bully who is not very broad. Then they start filling in sideways. Once they are two is when you really need to start watching their weight.
    @desertskybulldogs..I have a feeding question..(wow..what a shock)...I have been reading this thread and I have just started Jake on Fromm surf n turf. My biggest concern is he has been getting 3/4 cup 3x a day. I am planning on cutting out midday meal when he is done with Fromm transition. Now..here's the problem. Over the past couple months I often thought he was not roly poly enough. In fact..not at all! Whenever I tried to increase his serving size, he would get runny poo. Even if I added pumpkin and used probiotic powder..just can't get to 1 cup. He weighs 28 lbs..seems fine..lots of energy..and vet doesn't seem concerned. I just want to make sure he is getting enough food! He does act like he could eat a bag full of food..but I kind of was thinking that was a normal thing for bullies! Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! From ANYONE!! Thanks

  6. #18
    I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    GatorRay's Avatar
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,472
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @desertskybulldogs..I have a feeding question..(wow..what a shock)...I have been reading this thread and I have just started Jake on Fromm surf n turf. My biggest concern is he has been getting 3/4 cup 3x a day. I am planning on cutting out midday meal when he is done with Fromm transition. Now..here's the problem. Over the past couple months I often thought he was not roly poly enough. In fact..not at all! Whenever I tried to increase his serving size, he would get runny poo. Even if I added pumpkin and used probiotic powder..just can't get to 1 cup. He weighs 28 lbs..seems fine..lots of energy..and vet doesn't seem concerned. I just want to make sure he is getting enough food! He does act like he could eat a bag full of food..but I kind of was thinking that was a normal thing for bullies! Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! From ANYONE!! Thanks

    Great question!

  7. #19
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,361
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Actually you do not want a roly poly bully, they should lose their puppy fat by the first year. You should see an hourglass shape to their figure, you should be able to feel the ribs but not see them. Excess weight can cause many problems, and although they look cuter with some weight, you should really watch for too much weight. There is a fine line there. If you want to add calories, you can add a spoonful of cottage cheese (4% milkfat) or dry powdered milk on top of their food. Tidus also looks skinny to me but no matter what I do he never seems to gain weight. I still think he is going through growth, and especially right now when your bully pups are in their teens they will probably look "skinny" to you. It is all legs!

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  8. #20
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Ok! Great @desertskybulldogs..that is exactly how he looks. I was aiming for 2 cups a day..will stick with it..I hope you know how much I appreciate your help! Jake does too..although I just know he was hoping for you to say he needs 8 cups a day!!!

  9. #21
    I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    GatorRay's Avatar
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,472
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Ok! Great @desertskybulldogs..that is exactly how he looks. I was aiming for 2 cups a day..will stick with it..I hope you know how much I appreciate your help! Jake does too..although I just know he was hoping for you to say he needs 8 cups a day!!!
    Wouldn't they all?? lol

  10. #22
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Wouldn't they all?? lol
    YES..YES..@GatorRay..I think we ALL need to keep a close eye on @ desertskybulldogs..if she ever suggests MORE food for our guys..it can only mean one thing...THOSE BULLDOGS GOT TO HER!!

  11. #23
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Wouldn't they all?? lol
    Princess Gracie would eat as many times a day as we would allow.
    She is however a prime example of the bully shape; very broad across the chest, tapering at the waist and cute little buns... LOL
    This pic makes her look skinny but believe me, it is only the pic. Im posting it so you can see her waistline.


    She is 4.5 years old.

  12. #24
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: FROMM serving size suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Princess Gracie would eat as many times a day as we would allow.
    She is however a prime example of the bully shape; very broad across the chest, tapering at the waist and cute little buns... LOL
    This pic makes her look skinny but believe me, it is only the pic. Im posting it so you can see her waistline.


    She is 4.5 years old.

    WOW !! For a minute @BruceP...I could have sworn you were describing ME!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •