ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Ok..I am already the type of person who tends to 2nd guess themselves (always want to make sure I am doing doing the right thing). So, sorry for sounding like a crazy person here..lol. You all know Gilbert was having the tummy issues..I believe it was too many marrow bones and and the pumpkin..but I took everything but his food away and his poops have been great! But now, I am wondering if he does have an allergy to something in the food? Again, poops are fine! Just his tear stain (which was hoping would go away when he was done teething) has gotten bigger! 20210329_143614.jpg. Was on Fromm Heartland Gold Lrg breed puppy...was thinking could be the beef? Potato? Environmental? He already gets filtered water..stainless steel and ceramic bowls.

2nd part to this question...I have just started him on Fromm Pork and Peas (only single meat protein in this brand) to see if it would help with the rusty color...but my question is...with any (whatever brand) Adult or All Life Stages..the percentage of fat is higher than his puppy food was (14% vs 17% +) should I be worried about the higher fat content? Want to stick to kibble for now.
Sorry for being so long..I am sure I am just overthinking all of this.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dogs need fat n 17% is all good. The oils you need to watch would be like Palm oil, soy etc..

To get rid of tear stains (yeast) is with a good probiotic n prebiotic from food source. I feed them a raw diet n stains disappeared. Their is a big difference in probiotics as a supplement form n as food wise. I give them that green smelly tripe you’ll find at the pet shop frozen section. But you absolutely need to wipe them folds to keep them dry all times. Nyala doesn’t have fold issues as she’s a bantam bulldogge so their folds are small. But Jake his is a daily routine. Part of an English Bulldogs maintenance.

https://www.darwinspet.com/blog/probiotics-prebiotics-dog.html

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/6-best-probiotics-for-dogs/

OP
ladywebb

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Dogs need fat n 17% is all good. The oils you need to watch would be like Palm oil, soy etc..

To get rid of tear stains (yeast) is with a good probiotic n prebiotic from food source. I feed them a raw diet n stains disappeared. Their is a big difference in probiotics as a supplement form n as food wise. I give them that green smelly tripe you’ll find at the pet shop frozen section. But you absolutely need to wipe them folds to keep them dry all times. Nyala doesn’t have fold issues as she’s a bantam bulldogge so their folds are small. But Jake his is a daily routine. Part of an English Bulldogs maintenance.

https://www.darwinspet.com/blog/probiotics-prebiotics-dog.html

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/6-best-probiotics-for-dogs/

Thank you! And I feel like I am constantly chasing Gilbert around with a towel! :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My boy is on raw, several proteins to rotate and his folds are a mess in the spring and fall due to environmental allergies. Clean with witch hazel and ACV in AM... night again, then once dry I put desetin on to help . In AM he wakes up with beautiful clean white folds, by 2:00, the are red and raw. It is a constant battle as he is allergic to all things green

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
ladywebb

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
My boy is on raw, several proteins to rotate and his folds are a mess in the spring and fall due to environmental allergies. Clean with witch hazel and ACV in AM... night again, then once dry I put desetin on to help . In AM he wakes up with beautiful clean white folds, by 2:00, the are red and raw. It is a constant battle as he is allergic to all things green

Thanks! I have been doing the witch hazel but will definitely add the other! Gilbert is such a pickle to wrestle with to do anything with his face! The thought had crossed my mind to giving him a zrytec (he has come in a few times with a runny nose)? What are your thoughts ?

OP
ladywebb

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Sometimes I think my bearded dragon is easier :lol:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks! I have been doing the witch hazel but will definitely add the other! Gilbert is such a pickle to wrestle with to do anything with his face! The thought had crossed my mind to giving him a zrytec (he has come in a few times with a runny nose)? What are your thoughts ?

Sorry... yes, Lambeau gets a Zyrtec with breakfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

This is exactly what happens to Walter... it never ends!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is exactly what happens to Walter... it never ends!!!

Right?? And, that is with daily Zyrtec and monthly Cytopoint... :facepalm:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.