How much food for 12 week old

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
I was feeding my 13 week old 1/3 cup 3 times a day so 1 cup total (Iā€™d read that somewhere) and her stools were good. Then I started reading here and realized I wasnā€™t feeding her enough, so I upped it to 2/3 cup 3 x a day. But now she has diarrhea. Would you go back to 1/3 cup a day or what?! I donā€™t want to underfeed her, but I donā€™t want her to have an upset tummy either. Help!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was feeding my 13 week old 1/3 cup 3 times a day so 1 cup total (Iā€™d read that somewhere) and her stools were good. Then I started reading here and realized I wasnā€™t feeding her enough, so I upped it to 2/3 cup 3 x a day. But now she has diarrhea. Would you go back to 1/3 cup a day or what?! I donā€™t want to underfeed her, but I donā€™t want her to have an upset tummy either. Help!

Letā€™s start with..... what Brand or diet you feeding her n what are her treats? Then weā€™ll take from there :)

OP
K

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
Letā€™s start with..... what Brand or diet you feeding her n what are her treats? Then weā€™ll take from there :)

Well right now, sheā€™s eating Simply Nourish puppy grain free. But I do plan on transitioning her over to Fromm, just want to get the diarrhea under control first but not sure šŸ˜¬ sheā€™s been fine on it at the 1 cup total.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well right now, sheā€™s eating Simply Nourish puppy grain free. But I do plan on transitioning her over to Fromm, just want to get the diarrhea under control first but not sure ļæ½ļæ½ sheā€™s been fine on it at the 1 cup total.

Your ingredients
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Dried Peas, Dried Potatoes, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Ground Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Pea Fiber, Dicalcium Phosphate, Dried Chicory Root, Dried Carrots, Dried Kale, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Blueberries, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A ...

Yes go with FROMM or Acana single protein bags. After each bag get another protein. Rotation is the key to eliminate allergies IF ANY only.

For now get some pumpkin purƩe the organic one n NOT for pies. One tablespoon to start. It will help harden the stools... :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
It depends on the dog and the food you are feeding. This article has a feeding guideline - English Bulldog News Forums - Why Does My Bulldog Puppy Have Diarrhea?

This is just a guideline and you will have to play around until you find the amount that works. My puppy is 11 months old now but she has always gotten a little less than the guidelines and I played around with the amounts until her poop was consistently firm. She has gotten 2 cups a day for quite a few months now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

how is it going?

OP
K

KathrynW

Jun 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not yet
So much better - kept the amount but changed to Fromm Puppy and itā€™s so much better!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online