Stay away from these brands!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All the usual suspects

adadrian

Oct 2, 2020
Brisbane
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena
I am really confused as to what to get here in Australia we only have a few of the same brands most are different

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am really confused as to what to get here in Australia we only have a few of the same brands most are different
Can you get Orijen or Acana?

adadrian

Oct 2, 2020
Brisbane
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena
I just looked to see if I could and I can but itā€™s expensive and imported. Like a lot more expensive! Should I just bite the bull it and buy those brands ? And what about tin food ?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just looked to see if I could and I can but itā€™s expensive and imported. Like a lot more expensive! Should I just bite the bull it and buy those brands ? And what about tin food ?

No never bite the bullet with an English Bulldog. You need to remember something that good brands youā€™ll feed less.

Go on this website n type in your brands n stick to 4.5 stars n up
https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Canā€™t you get kangaroo meat cheaper in your country?

adadrian

Oct 2, 2020
Brisbane
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena
Iā€™m a butcher so I generally bring home fresh meat for my pups but when I donā€™t I get tinned food and kibble. So you guys recommend just sticking with orijen

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Iā€™m a butcher so I generally bring home fresh meat for my pups but when I donā€™t I get tinned food and kibble. So you guys recommend just sticking with orijen

If you are a butcher, why not feed raw?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adadrian

Oct 2, 2020
Brisbane
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena
I canā€™t always bring home fresh meat,I probably do maybe half of the time

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] Any suggestions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Orijen it top notch kibble. I use to feed that to my German Shepherd. Many years ago...His mom n dad were 80ish lbs but my Major was 125lbs n all muscles. Itā€™s very high in calories. That being said, my GS n I would walk 5-10KM daily, made him run , chuck it balls, etc.. An EB you would need to monitor the weight. Why I would suggest to you Acana single protein bags. Same quality as same company. BUT like Christine mentioned, if youā€™re a butcher go raw. Now if you donā€™t always get fresh meat daily, do half half. Use less kibbles but use organs as toppers. Organs as you probably know has the highest content of vitamins, probiotics etc. better than meat!! Top with either liver, heart, marrow etc.. but feed it RAW. Iā€™m sure you can get the organs for cheap. Simply freeze topper portions n when you need it, take it out the day before n your done. Keep marrow bones with meat on it as thatā€™s also a meal on its own. Marrow n the green smelly tripe is the best probiotic you can give any pet. Now as a butcher Iā€™m sure you know the green tripe usually never enters a butcher store. Itā€™s done at the slaughter house. Ask them what they do with it. Usually itā€™s discard as no one wants inspectors up their butts checking. Tripe is handle immediately when it comes out of the animal cause of bacteria content. Up to you. I rather buy it frozen n done for me :) So yes go half half n youā€™ll save money. Adding raw toppers is better than nothing. Makes a difference! Btw, the meat you do get, mix it with organs n also put in little bags.

adadrian

Oct 2, 2020
Brisbane
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena
Orijen it top notch kibble. I use to feed that to my German Shepherd. Many years ago...His mom n dad were 80ish lbs but my Major was 125lbs n all muscles. Itā€™s very high in calories. That being said, my GS n I would walk 5-10KM daily, made him run , chuck it balls, etc.. An EB you would need to monitor the weight. Why I would suggest to you Acana single protein bags. Same quality as same company. BUT like Christine mentioned, if youā€™re a butcher go raw. Now if you donā€™t always get fresh meat daily, do half half. Use less kibbles but use organs as toppers. Organs as you probably know has the highest content of vitamins, probiotics etc. better than meat!! Top with either liver, heart, marrow etc.. but feed it RAW. Iā€™m sure you can get the organs for cheap. Simply freeze topper portions n when you need it, take it out the day before n your done. Keep marrow bones with meat on it as thatā€™s also a meal on its own. Marrow n the green smelly tripe is the best probiotic you can give any pet. Now as a butcher Iā€™m sure you know the green tripe usually never enters a butcher store. Itā€™s done at the slaughter house. Ask them what they do with it. Usually itā€™s discard as no one wants inspectors up their butts checking. Tripe is handle immediately when it comes out of the animal cause of bacteria content. Up to you. I rather buy it frozen n done for me :) So yes go half half n youā€™ll save money. Adding raw toppers is better than nothing. Makes a difference! Btw, the meat you do get, mix it with organs n also put in little bags.

Perfect will do cheers. Do you recommend staying away from all tin/wet food?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online