Raw feeding advice for newbie

Kelly lowe

Aug 10, 2019
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
Decided to transition to raw due to health reasons Ronnie is now 2 and we started him on 4 days of tripe then we added a protein of turkey and tripe. In the first 4 days he was pooping fine. Now today he has t pooped for 32 hours heā€™s drinking and peeing and keen to eat but has been lethargic today itā€™s been a week today since the whole transition and feel like itā€™s not going right for us. Heā€™s not on complete raw yet (bone or offal) due to be done in the next few days. Is this all normal behaviour for raw fed dogs

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Lethargy is not normal. But, give it more than just a day. There are many reasons the dog gets lethargic. One reason could be not enough food.

No poop for a day or 2 is normal. Raw fed dogs have very small poops.

Is this the only concern that is making you feel it's not going right for you? Or are you stressed about something else? Like maybe a general feeling of "something ain't right"?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Decided to transition to raw due to health reasons Ronnie is now 2 and we started him on 4 days of tripe then we added a protein of turkey and tripe. In the first 4 days he was pooping fine. Now today he has t pooped for 32 hours heā€™s drinking and peeing and keen to eat but has been lethargic today itā€™s been a week today since the whole transition and feel like itā€™s not going right for us. Heā€™s not on complete raw yet (bone or offal) due to be done in the next few days. Is this all normal behaviour for raw fed dogs

How is your boy doing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kelly lowe

Aug 10, 2019
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Ronnie
How is your boy doing

Hey unfortunately we have had to put him back on kibble he had a severe allergic reaction to a protein we think was possibly duck or turkey. Heā€™s been much better since we done this

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey unfortunately we have had to put him back on kibble he had a severe allergic reaction to a protein we think was possibly duck or turkey. Heā€™s been much better since we done this

My girl had issue with raw due to colitis, we had to give her Tylan powder to help

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.