What food do you recommend for an English Bulldog Puppy?

nickolem

Aug 20, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Hi I am a new member to this forum.

I have an 8 year old male French Bulldog Bubba and I currently have a deposit down on a 2 week old female English Bulldog who's name is yet to be determined.

Bubba has environmental allergies and has gained weight in the last year, so to ensure we are not causing him additional issues with his IVDD I have put him on Avoderm Senior dry dog food and also add a quality Fish Oil to his food.

I also used to cook our own turkey/chicken/beef, rice, and vegetable dog food in my Instant Pot for a our 7 year old Frenchie Bijoux who was his 1/2 sister, who we lost to IVDD this Spring.

My question is, what is the best dry dog food you would recommend for the puppy after we get her? Or would you recommend I cook for her instead?

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
I had a lot of these questions as well with my now and 11 week old EB puppy, Brisket. After going over a lot of suggestions and the suggestion of my vet, I went ahead with Fromm Puppy Gold. Brisket has responded well to it and it is great with helping prevent food allergies since it includes proteins of all kinds. I also give him a little bit of Goat milk to supplement his food in the morning just because he’s used to wet food.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi I am a new member to this forum.

I have an 8 year old male French Bulldog Bubba and I currently have a deposit down on a 2 week old female English Bulldog who's name is yet to be determined.

Bubba has environmental allergies and has gained weight in the last year, so to ensure we are not causing him additional issues with his IVDD I have put him on Avoderm Senior dry dog food and also add a quality Fish Oil to his food.

I also used to cook our own turkey/chicken/beef, rice, and vegetable dog food in my Instant Pot for a our 7 year old Frenchie Bijoux who was his 1/2 sister, who we lost to IVDD this Spring.

My question is, what is the best dry dog food you would recommend for the puppy after we get her? Or would you recommend I cook for her instead?

Hello and Welcome

If it’s kibbles we suggest ALWAYS grain fee like Acana, Zignature, Fromm n others will add their input soon. I use to only feed acana single protein bags but now both on raw diet. Raw would definitely be the way to go. But up to you. :)

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
We have 3 bulldogs in our family ( son has 2, we have 1). The oldest one who is 8 had a terrible time as a pup with lots of dietary issues. Long story short, he ended up on a high fiber, low protein kibble that he did well with, but started gaining weight even though it was a "fat dog" formula. When my son and I picked up our pups, breeder had them on Fromm's puppy gold. They have THRIVED on it and we never had 1 digestive issue!! Son put the older one on Fromm's weight management formula and he is doing great! So, I guess you can say I am definitely a Fromm's fan! At 6 months I started giving my pup the Fromm's 4 star so I could start changing out the proteins ( it is an ALL stages kibble, many different proteins to choose from, and there is no transitioning between bags). I rotate from chicken, to duck, to salmon, to whitefish, to beef to pork and he loves all of them!! It is made in USA and is a very high quality dogfood. Good luck and can't wait to see pictures!!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I am a Prey Model Raw advocate through and through. Simple and easy. No need to cook.

drayhorner

May 6, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
When we got our Bulldog, Meatball, he had some pretty stinky gas. We switched him to this food and now, no more stink. He seems happier and healthier than ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.