New Pup! How do I transition from chicken and rice to new kibble?

OP
Mochi

Mochi

Aug 11, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
What time is her last meal of the day? You can try feeding earlier.

She eats dinner at 4pm and then has a few pcs of the dog food as treats at around 6. The other night she pooped at 10pm (normally shes asleep by then but she wasnt) and then at 2am. Good news about last night is she didnt poop at 1 or 2 anymore. Im hoping it just gets better from here. I did change how much I feed her to 3/4cup in the morning, half a cup for lunch and half a cup for dinner.

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
She eats dinner at 4pm and then has a few pcs of the dog food as treats at around 6. The other night she pooped at 10pm (normally shes asleep by then but she wasnt) and then at 2am. Good news about last night is she didnt poop at 1 or 2 anymore. Im hoping it just gets better from here. I did change how much I feed her to 3/4cup in the morning, half a cup for lunch and half a cup for dinner.

Maybe she just needs to adjust. If it doesn’t get any better, you may want to reach out to the vet to rule out any other issues with her digestive system.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes it is all about adjustments. Puppies are pooping machines. Give it some time to adjust.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Could be too much food so if you are giving less you'll know fairly quickly. And if it continues, you can take in a fecal sample to the vet's office to rule out any parasites.

OP
Mochi

Mochi

Aug 11, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
Maybe she just needs to adjust. If it doesn’t get any better, you may want to reach out to the vet to rule out any other issues with her digestive system.

Thank you! She has a vet appointment this Saturday so we'll see what doc says.

OP
Mochi

Mochi

Aug 11, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
Yes it is all about adjustments. Puppies are pooping machines. Give it some time to adjust.

Thank you so much for your help. She pooped again at 2am but I still feel its less than before so we are just going to try to ride it out.

OP
Mochi

Mochi

Aug 11, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
Could be too much food so if you are giving less you'll know fairly quickly. And if it continues, you can take in a fecal sample to the vet's office to rule out any parasites.

Thank you! Its getting a little better so we will just wait and see if it goes back to normal. She was recently tested for parasites because she had giardia but she is negative now for all parasites.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you! Its getting a little better so we will just wait and see if it goes back to normal. She was recently tested for parasites because she had giardia but she is negative now for all parasites.

Well if she “had giardia” you have your answer for the pooping issues.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.