Looking too try Zigniture food

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hello, I been feeding Bruno Royal Canin since I got him from the breeder a month and a half ago. His undercoat is pink and his poop has shape but soft when I pick it up. Iā€™m thinking he may have allergies to chicken. So Iā€™m about 1/4 left In the bag and want to try zigniture but not sure about what protein to try first. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
731A144D-11DF-48F1-8E28-CCE97322E80D.jpeg

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Hi! Bulldogs are normally allergic to chicken. I use zignature kangaroo formula. Itā€™s been great so far in keeping allergies and keeping folds cleared up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Zignature is a great brand so I would just pick a protein and go for it! I would give the same protein for a month to see if there are any issues, then choose another protein and so on. Rotating proteins once you know what can be tolerated would be my recommendation.

OP
Frost

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Zignature is a great brand so I would just pick a protein and go for it! I would give the same protein for a month to see if there are any issues, then choose another protein and so on. Rotating proteins once you know what can be tolerated would be my recommendation.

So would Turkey be to close to chicken to try? Want to keep the cost down.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I rotated between Duck and the Salmon & Trout and Monty did well with both. I tried him on their Turkey and he became constipated so we gave up on that one. Trial and error!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
So would Turkey be to close to chicken to try? Want to keep the cost down.

You can definitely try it!

OP
Frost

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
So I bought Bruno the Kangaroo and I have been giving him 25% of the kangaroo for a total of 4 of his meals so far. Today his stool was really soft could this be the detox phase he is going through? Should I continue the course and keep transitioning him to full Kangaroo in the next 7 to 10 days? Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I bought Bruno the Kangaroo and I have been giving him 25% of the kangaroo for a total of 4 of his meals so far. Today his stool was really soft. Can this be the detox phase he is going through? Should aI continue the course and keep transitioning him to full Kangaroo in the next 7 to 10 days? Thanks

Yes... continue, as long as not diarrhea

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
When I first put Monty on Zignature, I swear he poo'd for England. The same with Buster too actually. They both settled down to normal but it was like it really cleared out their systems in the beginning.

Auggie Dog

Mar 5, 2020
Country
Tennessee-U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Auggie
Our bully has been on it for years and loves it.I would recommend getting a allergy test done.We found out he's allergic to pork.Once we cut that out of his diet, no more interdigital cysts. They would always pop up from time to time and now we know why.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
So I bought Bruno the Kangaroo and I have been giving him 25% of the kangaroo for a total of 4 of his meals so far. Today his stool was really soft could this be the detox phase he is going through? Should I continue the course and keep transitioning him to full Kangaroo in the next 7 to 10 days? Thanks
You can try a small amount of canned PURE pumpkin to aid in digestion during the transition. They love it!! (NOT pumpkin pie filling/!)

OP
Frost

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Our bully has been on it for years and loves it.I would recommend getting a allergy test done.We found out he's allergic to pork.Once we cut that out of his diet, no more interdigital cysts. They would always pop up from time to time and now we know why.

What was the cost for an allergy test? also do you switch up the protein every time you run out? and is there any transition from protein to protein? Thanks

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.