The kibble story!! Great article!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Absolutely great article. In 3 parts. Part3, you need to go back to part 1 n scroll where it say part 3. Why IDK...:). But explains in great details especially can dog food. Itā€™s a must read for everyone.

https://nycdoggies.com/dog-food-the-story-of-kibble/
[MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION] thought of you when I read this part..in part 3
The Real Nutritional Magic Bullet

[pullquote]One of the most important things you can do for your pet is to keep her lean.[/pullquote]There is a secret for extending your dogā€™s life and improving her health, and you certainly donā€™t need a special food or supplement to do it for you. Drum roll . . . Itā€™s calorie restriction. Like in humans, one of the most important things you can do for your pet is to keep her lean. Pet food manufacturers are not required to put calorie content on the label, and this allows them to make more money off of yet more specialty diet food products. But it is much easier to just feed your dog less. You arenā€™t going to starve her. In the wild, dogs can go up to a week without eating , and for optimal health adult dogs should be fed just once a day. If you are feeding your dog commercial pet food, follow the feeding instructions, cutting back if your dog puts on weight or maintains too much weight. If you are feeding him home-cooked meals, watch, weigh and adjust the amount of food accordingly. You can also use leaner meats if necessary.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Will read - Thanks for notifying me, [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gotta find time to read... maybe this weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.