Cristal1202

Jul 15, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Hello, Need to get Bentley healthy. What food brand do you use? We’ve used Victor grain free, I meal prepped his food (white fish with veggies), royal canine & honest kitchen. I can’t seem to get his coat healthy and nice.Not sure if he’s allergic to something in our grass Or food. I wanted the vet to be our last resort to avoid any type of steroids, but I noticed his coat is getting worst. 8DF90845-C6B1-4F93-ACB3-CD4B4FF9E1C5.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello, Need to get Bentley healthy. What food brand do you use? We’ve used Victor grain free, I meal prepped his food (white fish with veggies), royal canine & honest kitchen. I can’t seem to get his coat healthy and nice.Not sure if he’s allergic to something in our grass Or food. I wanted the vet to be our last resort to avoid any type of steroids, but I noticed his coat is getting worst. View attachment 119386

Welcome to EBN! How old is Bentley and what proteins are you using with the different food sources you have mentioned?

If he is under a year it’s possible that it is mange.

If you’re using the same Protein for example fish it could be he’s allergic to the fish and you need to try a different protein like duck rabbit turkey which are less of an allergen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cristal1202

Jul 15, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Thank you(: Bentley is 3. I don’t think he’s allergic to fish, since his coat was looking better when I meal prepped his food. He was just losing a lot of weight which is why I stopped.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you(: Bentley is 3. I don’t think he’s allergic to fish, since his coat was looking better when I meal prepped his food. He was just losing a lot of weight which is why I stopped.

Definitely remove royal canine. Tons of grains n corn n they put feathers as a filler.

2 of my dogs had the same problem but not as much as Bentley. As soon as they went on a raw diet, it all disappeared. I also did use NuStock. Shaved around the sores, washed with dawn dish soap n dry probably. Then applied NuStock.

How much weight did he lose? If he’s losing too much weigh in a fast pace, definitely needs to see a vet. But yes remove RC, get NuStock as the rest of his diet looks fine.

Mauidiver

Apr 7, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Poor guy! Hope you figure it out but we just changed our dogs food which main protein is fish and he now has 3 bald spots that started off as dry skin and now are bald spots that look a little red. So we are changing to a different protein. Can’t afford raw and looking for a different food as he’s at the end of the bag.

Thinking natures domain turkey from Costco. Can’t afford others at this time as Covid has hit our banks big time with no work for 31/2 months.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

If he was doing well on the meal prepping maybe it is best to go back to that and just up the food intake to ensure he maintains his weight. Is that possible

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Poor guy! Hope you figure it out but we just changed our dogs food which main protein is fish and he now has 3 bald spots that started off as dry skin and now are bald spots that look a little red. So we are changing to a different protein. Can’t afford raw and looking for a different food as he’s at the end of the bag.

Thinking natures domain turkey from Costco. Can’t afford others at this time as Covid has hit our banks big time with no work for 31/2 months.

ya know,,,,, i've known quite a few "lab" owners that said this Natures domain solved a whole lot of skin issues. Hope it does for you. Also, if you could mabie add some oil to the food, and mabie some kidney/liver/ or other organ meat to the top? Just thoughts.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Could it be mange? If so, Heartguard can keep it managed. My Tucker had mange, inherited, and they is what the vet suggested.

What about getting him some medicated shampoo? Tucker has other skin issues due to long term steroids, and I bathed him twice a week and let the shampoo sit for a few minutes after he was lathered up.

I hope things improve for both of you.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

My son use to feed that to his 3 dogs for a few yrs. They did fine. Just his Germain Shepherd was a picky eater n wouldn’t gain weight. Why he put him on raw n doing great now. His pitties also went on raw as mentioned. Both lost weight n GS gain. Go figure...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.