Snacks for Bulldogs

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Hi everybody,
What are appropriate snacks to give to bulldogs. I sometimes feel my dogs are in need of some snacks just to make their life a bit more interesting.

I know the following are taboo:

grapes
chocolate

I sometimes give them

banana

Is cheese ok ?
What else can i give them ?

Thanks in advance

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I give my bullies plenty of "human" snacks... here is a list of their favorites: watermelon, banana, apples, cantaloupes, blueberries & strawberries. I do occasionally give them cheese, you just have to be mindful because of the sodium content... many bullies love plain greek yogurt.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Costco they sell beef strips n only that one ingredient. I also give fresh veggies/fruits n mostly whole frozen fish from our waters n not Asian waters. I also buy dry whole sardines. I do give cheese but rarely. Fruits would be mostly on the berry side cause of their sugar content. Nyala loves bell peppers.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
For my guys, their "dog" snacks consist of a freeze dried single ingredient like rabbit, bison, salmon, etc. I normally use Purebites, Vital Essentials and NW Naturals. Their bedtime snack is a cookie from Bocce's Bakery. Their "human" snacks consist of whatever veggies and fruits I am cutting/eating at the time. They love bell peppers (any color), carrots, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, green beans, apples, berries, etc.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey there... my guys get the following at various times, I like to do a rotation for them:

Stella and Chewy's meal toppers
frozen green beans
watermelon (hide allergy pills)
Polka duck treats
Polka cod skins
liverwurst (hide allergy pills )
blueberries
strawberries
raw marrow bones
frozen peanut butter bones
cheese -- they LOVE cheese

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thank you all. This helps a lot!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
For my guys, their "dog" snacks consist of a freeze dried single ingredient like rabbit, bison, salmon, etc. I normally use Purebites, Vital Essentials and NW Naturals. Their bedtime snack is a cookie from Bocce's Bakery. Their "human" snacks consist of whatever veggies and fruits I am cutting/eating at the time. They love bell peppers (any color), carrots, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, green beans, apples, berries, etc.

Walter loves the freeze dried snacks, but Willow won't touch them... of course!!! Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Walter loves the freeze dried snacks, but Willow won't touch them... of course!!! Lol

What!!

One time I took Louie to my friend’s house for a play date with her bulldog and when we were leaving she gave him a treat and he spit it out. Then she tried a different one and he spit that out too. My guys are spoiled with the treats they get at home. High expectations maybe lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.